- Full-day combo tour to Auschwitz-Birkenau and the Wieliczka Salt Mine from Krakow
- Explore the incredible underground world of the Wieliczka Salt Mine
- Skip the long entrance lines at both sites with reserved tickets
- Includes a boxed lunch and round-trip transport from Krakow hotels
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pickup is offered from Your Hotel/Hostel/Apart or 8 comfortable meeting points. Customers may select a point from the list or enter their accommodation address manually.
Upon return, it is possible to stop a front of start location or at one of 4 central drop-off points, in the main districts of Krakow. Meeting and drop-off points are visible on the map in the link.
Customers will receive a message with the exact departure time until 7 pm on the day before the activity. We kindly ask that guests wait outside, in front of the entrance 5 minutes before departure. The driver will wait no longer than 15 minutes after the specified departure time.
At the end of the trip, customers may return to the places were they start the tour or one of 4 droop off location from the map in Krakow.
What To Expect
Skip the entrance lines with a timed ticket, and connect with your guide for a tour of the camp including prisoner barracks, the unloading ramp, and ruins of a gas chamber and crematorium. Spend some time at Auschwitz I, the former SS administrative center, or at Auschwitz II-Birkenau, where most of the murders took place (depending on option selected). After this sobering visit, take a break for reflection and tuck into a provided boxed lunch.
In the afternoon, explore the mesmerizing underground world of the Wieliczka Salt Mine. Be prepared for a steep climb down several hundred steps as you descend into the tunnels and caverns of one of the world’s oldest salt mines. Admire sculptures carved out of salt rock and see mysterious saline lakes during your guided visit. Return to the surface via an elevator, and relax on the return drive to your Krakow hotel in the evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- The temperature in the Salt Mine varies between 16-18 degrees Celsius throughout the year.
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Bags and backpacks larger than 30x20x10cm are not allowed on the museum grounds. You may store luggage in the vehicles free of charge.
- A considerable amount of walking is involved
- Youth between 18 and 26 years must present a valid student ID on the day of the activity.
- Please, provide exact name and surname from your passports/documents (tickets are personal)
- Please bring a document confirming the name and surname of each participant
- you can order an extra paid lunch-box from the driver
- the exact time of the lunch break depends on the traffic on the day
- Not recommended for travelers suffering from claustrophobia.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Auschwitz-Birkenau is not recommended for children under 14 years of age
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY CRACOW LOCAL TOURS
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
See all safety measures taken by Auschwitz-Birkenau & Wieliczka in one day Best Value Shared Tour.