Tamau River and Fireflies Cruise in Kota Kinabalu
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
Lowest Price Guarantee
up to 24 hours in advance
6 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Look for wildlife at twilight and fireflies after dusk on this convenient door-to-door package that includes not one but two separate cruises with a guide to maximize spotting chances. First, enjoy scenes of rural life as you look for macaques, proboscis monkeys, and water birds on the Tamau River. Next, enjoy a sit-down dinner then head to the Rampayan mangroves for a firefly lightshow (conditions permitting).
- Cruise the Tamau River and the Rampayan mangroves with a guide
- Look for macaques, proboscis monkeys, fireflies, and more
- Relax over an included dinner between cruises
- Take it easy with door-to-door round-trip transfers
Refreshment and dinner
Rampayan firefly cruise on sharing basis
Tamau River cruise on sharing basis
Professional licensed guide
Hotel round-trip transfer by air-conditioned vehicle on sharing basis
Drinks (only local Malaysian ringgit accepted)
Departure & Return
Departure PointYour hotel lobby in Kota Kinabalu City
Return DetailsYour hotel lobby in Kota Kinabalu City
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- A minimum of 2 Adult per booking is required
- The boat ride to watch wildlife is approximately 45 minutes and 20 minutes to see the fireflies.
- During the ride, there are no toilet facilities and if it rains along the way, guests may get wet.
- Although there is high possibilities of seeing wildlife and fireflies due to their habit of resting or mating by the riverbanks in the evenings, sightings are not guaranteed
- Tamau village is located approximately 70 and 90 km respectively from Kota Kinabalu city
- Disclaimer form is required to be signed at the jetty
- Confirmation for Japanese speaking tour is subject to availability. If not available, an English guide will be provided
- Please note that this tour is very popular with the Chinese market
- OPERATED BY EXOTIC BORNEO SDN. BHD.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Product code: 46602P5
Explore Similar Things to Do
Day CruisesWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingKota KinabaluDay Cruises - SabahDay Cruises - Bandar Seri BegawanDay Cruises - SandakanCategory
Tip of Borneo (Tanjung Sipang Mengayu)Kota Kinabalu Wetland CentreSignal Hill Observatory PlatformKota BeludSabah State Mosque (Masjid Negeri Sabah)Gaya Island (Pulau Gaya)Monsopiad Cultural VillageSapi Island (Pulau Sapi)Kota Kinabalu City Mosque (Masjid Bandaraya Kota Kinabalu)Klias Peninsula (Klias Wetlands)Mari Mari Cultural VillageManukan Island (Pulau Manukan)