5 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Follow in the footsteps of beloved British author Beatrix Potter—and see some of the Lake District’s loveliest scenery besides—on this private tour. Following pickup from your Windermere accommodation, you’ll travel in a comfortable vehicle to the village of Sawley, where Potter once lived. Entry to her home, Hill Top, is included; once inside, explore the rooms and gardens that fed Potter’s imagination. Next, stop for lunch (own expense) before continuing to Hawkshead, where you’ll visit the Beatrix Potter Gallery.
- Round-trip transit from your Windermere hotel makes logistics simple
- A private tour lets you customize the itinerary to suit your preferences
- Learn all about Beatrix Potter, and visit her home and art gallery
- Admire some of the Lake District’s most scenic landscapes as you go
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Transport by private vehicle
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Generally, we can pick up from any Lake District hotel or guest house, not just those listed here. Please state your hotel when booking.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Ye Olde England Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during The Beatrix Potter And Peter Rabbit Private Tour?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during The Beatrix Potter And Peter Rabbit Private Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during The Beatrix Potter And Peter Rabbit Private Tour?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during The Beatrix Potter And Peter Rabbit Private Tour?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursArt ToursHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingKeswickBus Tours - Lake DistrictArt Tours - Lake DistrictHalf-day Tours - Lake DistrictCategory