3 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Buckle up for an exciting off-road adventure through the unspoiled, historic landscape of Kipu Ranch. Ride in a rugged 4WD vehicle across tropical pastures and valleys featured in many blockbusters including ‘Jurassic Park,’ ‘Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark’ and ‘The Descendants.’ Soak up the verdant paradise of Huleia Valley and admire stellar views of secluded Kipu Kai beach on this family-friendly eco tour.
- Off-road tour of Kauai's Kipu Ranch
- Take the wheel or ride as passenger in a rugged 4WD vehicle
- Explore a pristine landscape of mountain ridges, pastures and tropical valleys
- See the filming locations of mega-hits like ‘Jurassic Park,’ ‘Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark’ and ‘The Descendants'
- Take in unmatched views of the island's secluded Kipu Kai beach
- Great family-friendly adventure
Saved to wishlist!
Safety helmets, goggles, and bandannas (required)
Instruction & Practice
Departure & Return
235 Kipu Rd, Lihue, HI 96766, USA
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All guests are required to wear a face covering (face mask, bandana, face gaiter, etc) during check in and at any time where they are unable to safely physically distance (6 feet or more) from staff and other guests outside of their party.
- Any person experiencing a temperature of 100.4 degrees and higher and/or experiencing flu-like symptoms should not participate and will either be refunded or rescheduled for a later date.
- All guests are asked to follow federal, state and local orders pertaining to social distancing, masks, and travel requirements. For the most up-to-date information on travel updates, please visit our website
- Digital Waivers MUST be completed by all participants prior to arrival to support a contactless check-in process. A link to the digital waiver form will be included in reservation confirmation. No printing required.
- All drivers MUST be at least 18 years of age to operate vehicles and MUST provide a valid Driver's License. We recommend designating 1 driver per vehicle so that drivers can get properly acclimated with vehicle operations. We can allow up to 2 drivers at your discretion. Drivers are able to switch driving at designated locations.
- Minimum of 2 guests required to reserve a vehicle. Vehicles booked with 1 person per vehicle are subject to an additional charge.
- No recent surgeries, neck/back/knee problems, pregnant women, or any serious health conditions allowed on tours.
- Covered closed toe footwear REQUIRED for all tours and during water activities (applicable tours only). Water activities are subject to weather conditions.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Drug and alcohol use is not permitted before or during tours. Impaired participation is not allowed for your safety.
- Safety helmets and goggles are provided by Kipu Ranch Adventures and are required for all guests to wear.
- Guests are required to arrive on-time. Tours operate on schedule and cannot wait for late guests. The option to reschedule will be presented to late arrivals.
- Tours operate rain or shine with the exception of severe weather conditions.
- If you are booking on behalf of another person or group, it is your responsibility to inform each participant of these restrictions.
- Most travelers can participate
- All guests MUST provide proper documentation at check-in showing proof of eligibility to participate. Acceptable forms of documentation: State of Hawaii Travel and Health Form: "Safe Travels" Negative Pre-Test found on website profile at https://travel.hawaii.gov - Screenshots and printed documents are not eligible.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Kipu Ranch Adventures
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the maximum group size during Kauai Ultimate Off-Road Ranch Tour?
This activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers.
See all safety measures taken by Kauai Ultimate Off-Road Ranch Tour.
See all safety measures taken by Kauai Ultimate Off-Road Ranch Tour.
Where do we meet for the Kauai Ultimate Off-Road Ranch Tour?
This tour begins at our office: Kipu Ranch Adventures, 235 Kipu Rd, Lihue, HI 96766
When should I arrive for the Kauai Ultimate Off-Road Ranch Tour?
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your tour time to sign waivers and to get geared up for your off-road adventure. Tours leave at designated times and will not wait for late arrivals.
Are there age restrictions on the Kauai Ultimate Off-Road Ranch Tour?
Guests 9 years and older are welcome on Ultimate Ranch Tour. All guests under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. A legal guardian must sign a participation waiver prior to any activity.
Can children participate in the Kauai Ultimate Off-Road Ranch Tour?
Guests must be at least 9 years old to participate. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate children under 9 years old.
What type of vehicles do we drive during the Kauai Ultimate Off-Road Ranch Tour?
You may choose between the following: KRX 1000 (Seats 2), TERYX4 (Seats 2-4), OR MuleProFXT (Seats 3-6)
Do I need a driver's license to participate in the Kauai Ultimate Off-Road Ranch Tour?
Yes, all drivers MUST be at least 18 years of age to operate machines and MUST provide a valid driver’s license. Passengers do not need a driver's license.
What should I bring with me on the Kauai Ultimate Off-Road Ranch Tour?
We recommend bringing a camera with a case (to protect from dust, mud, and water,) a reusable water bottle, sunscreen, and a credit card for the security deposit.
What should I wear during the Kauai Ultimate Off-Road Ranch Tour?
Covered, closed-toe footwear is required. We recommend wearing dark clothing (as it may be stained by Kauai's red dirt,) a long sleeve top, and long pants.
What will we see during the Kauai Ultimate Off-Road Ranch Tour?
Kipu is the choice spot on Kauai for movie locations, and you will see many of them as well as the most beautiful landscapes on Kauai. The places of legends and history, as well as the plants and wildlife, make it even better.
Is the Kauai Ultimate Off-Road Ranch Tour appropriate for pregnant guests?
This tour is not for anyone pregnant or with back or other injuries that could be aggravated by this type of off-road activity.
Can I participate in the Kauai Ultimate Off-Road Ranch Tour if I am new to driving ATVs?
Yes! All of our machines offer fully automatic transmissions, push-button 4WD, and all-wheel independent suspension. Off-road vehicle operation instruction and off-road vehicle safety training is provided on each and every tour.
What happens if there is bad weather for my Kauai Ultimate Off-Road Ranch Tour?
We run tours rain or shine, however, in heavy rains we may cancel the tour as we do drive through streams and valleys. If this happens we will notify you and you may reschedule or receive a full refund.
- "Also PLEAASE PLEASE bring off or some sort of mosquito repellent." See review
Product code: 29932P1
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursUnique ExperiencesSporting EventsExtremeHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesKauai4WD Tours - HawaiiUnique Experiences - HawaiiSporting Events - HawaiiExtreme - HawaiiHalf-day Tours - Hawaii4WD Tours - OahuUnique Experiences - OahuSporting Events - OahuExtreme - OahuHalf-day Tours - Oahu4WD Tours - MauiUnique Experiences - MauiSporting Events - MauiExtreme - MauiHalf-day Tours - MauiCategory
Anini BeachKauai Cruise PortKauai Coffee Company NiihauOld Koloa TownMt. WaialealeKauai MuseumKokee Natural History MuseumKoke'e State ParkHuleia National Wildlife RefugeMenehune Fish PondFern GrottoMakua Beach (Tunnels Beach)Waioli Mission HousePolihale State ParkKilohana PlantationWailua FallsKilauea Point National Wildlife RefugeRussian Fort Elizabeth State Historical ParkSpouting Horn