- 2-hour surf lessons on Kauai
- Small group ensuring personal guidance and more personalized experience
- Certified professional instructor
- Top of the line surf equipment
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Hanalei Address: 5-5134 Kuhio Highway, Hanalei, HI 96714 Directions: Directions To Hanalei Bay From Lihue: Drive North on Hwy 56 approximately 30.5 miles through Kapa'a, Kilauea and Princeville to Hanalei. From The junction of the 520 and Poipu Road: Drive North on the 520 back to the 50. Make a right on the 50, drive 37.5 miles through Lihue, Kapa'a, Kilauea, and Princeville to Hanalei. Driving times are approximate and depend on time of day and week. • From Koke'e to Hanalei: 2.5 hours • From Waimea to Hanalei: 2 hours • From Po'ipu to Hanalei: 1.15 hours • From Lihue (airport) to Hanalei: 45 minutes • From Kapa'a to Hanalei: 30 minutes • From Princeville to Hanalei: 15 minutes • From Ha'ena to Hanalei: 20 minutes Main location: From the Princeville Hotel, go back out to the main road and turn right. From the Lihue side, after you pass Princeville you will go down a hill, across a metal bridge, and drive along the Hanalei River until you enter the town of Hanalei. The first building you will see when entering Hanalei is the Hanalei Dolphin. The first street in Hanalei is AKU street. We are just before the first street. Please notice a 25 mile an hour speed sign. Then look for a surfboard sign on a small dark green building with white trim, which is the Hawaiian Surfing Adventures check in location. Sign says Hanalei Beach Boys Surf Shack. Here you will complete your waiver, receive your rash guard, and be sized for your paddle if you signed up for stand up paddle lesson. Then you will hop back in your car and head to the beach where your instructor will be waiting for you. You can call the day before to confirm your reservation 808-482-0749. Dates: Daily
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
With the expertise of your certified instructor, learn how to properly position yourself on a board, watch the waves and gain the confidence to stand up. Understand ocean patterns and safety practices to ensure a fun and safe foray in the endless summer of surfing. See the Itinerary below for a breakdown of the lesson.
The gentle waves of the bay on Kauai’s North Shore are ideal for beginners. In the rare event that conditions are not suitable, your guide will take you to another nearby spot on the island.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Participant must call and re-confirm booking 48 hours prior to activity
- Participants are with their own people whether 1/2/3/4 or more so can be an age you feel appropriate.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Hawaiian Surfing Adventures
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Kauai Learn to Surf Private /semi privates (2 or 3) /Full group (4)Lessons.