Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
upon your Arrival at the Tribhuwan International Airport, you will be picked up by one of our representetive and drop you off at
- Tribhuvan Airport, Kathmandu Nepal
- Tribhuvan International Airport, Ring Rd, काठमाडौँ 44600, Nepal
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Day 01 : Kathmandu Arrival (1,350m/4,428ft)
- Representative from Himalayan Sanctuary Adventure will be waiting you outside the international arrival terminal gate than You will be transferred to your hotel. Overnight at your hotel in Kathmandu
- Day 02 : Kathmandu Vally Sightseeing
- After breakfast in the morning you will be Proceed for Sightseeing place as given below. 1.Boudhanath Stupa , Lies about 6 kms to the east of downtown Kathmandu and is the largest stupa in the valley. It looms 36 meters high and presents one of the most fascinating specimens of stupa design. Buddhanath is also known as Khasti, or dew drops, after an account that builders had to use dew to mix the mortar as Kathmandu was suffering from a severe drought during the construction of Bouddhanath. 2.Pasupatinath Temple , Pashupatinath is one of the most sacred Hindu shrines in the world and lies 5 kms east of the city center. The richly-ornamented pagoda houses the sacred Linga, or phallic symbol, of Lord Shiva. Chronicles indicate the temple’s existence prior to 400 AD. Devotees can be seen taking ritual dips in the holy Bagmati River flowing beside the temple 3.patan Darbar Square , Patan Durbar Square is an enchanting combination of palace buildings, artistic courtyards and graceful pagoda temples. The former royal palace complex is the center of Patan’s religious and social life, and houses a museum containing an array of bronze statues and religious objects. One remarkable monument here is a 17th-century temple dedicated to the Hindu god Krishna, built entirely of stone 4.Swayambhunath Stupa ,The Monkey Temple (World Heritage Site) Watches over the valley from the top of a hillock on its western side. The huge stupa is one of the holiest Buddhists sites in Nepal and its establishment is linked to the creation of the Kathmandu Valley out of a primordial lake.
- Day 03 : Kathmandu – Lukla – Phakding(2,651m/8,700ft): 40 minutes flight, 3 – 4 hours trek
- We take an early morning flight to Lukla and meet our rest of the crew members in Lukla and start our trek. The trail then leads to Phakding via Cheplung village from where we get a magnificent view of Mt. Khumbila, a sacred mountain which has never been summited.Overnight at Phakding
- Day 04 : Phakding – Namche (3,438m/11,280 ft): 5 hours
- We continue our walk on the trail that goes north up the Benkar valley. We cross Dudh Koshi River and pass Chumoa and Monjo villages leading the entrance to the Everest National Park. Then we pass Jorsale village crossing a suspension bridge and walk alongside of the Dudh Koshi and Bhote Koshi rivers. We continue our trek ascending on a steep trail and reach Namche Bazaar.
- Day 05 : Acclimatization Day – Namche Bazaar (3,440m/11,284ft)
- We explore Namche Bazaar and hike-up to Sagarmatha National Park and enjoy the sunrise over the Himalayas including Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Ama Dablam, Thamserku, Kongde and so on. If we are interested in a day hike, we can trek to Khumjung village.Overnight in Namche Bazaar.
- Day 06 : Namche Bazaar to Phorse (3680m)
- We leave Namche Bazaar on a trail with progressive good and bad times. In transit we are probably going to spot Himalayan fowls, musk deer and Himalayan Thars. We at that point start plummeting to Kyanjuma. From Sansa, we take after the Gokyo trails and from Mong we get a look at Ama Dablam, Thamserku, Tawoche and Khumbila mountains. Our trail dives to Dudhkoshi Khola after which it is a tough move through rhododendron timberlands before achieving Phorse. From here we get great perspectives of Tawache and Cholaste mountains.
- Day 07 : Phortse Tenga to Machhermo(4470 m):
- Today we will climb 810 m up to Machhermo from Portsea Tenga. We will pass a few places like Dola, Kele and Luza to reach there. During our walk, we will be able to view Tabauche and Choletsea. Attend altitude talk in Machhermo hospital at 3 o clock and stay overnight at Machhermo.
- Day 08 : Machhermo – Gokyo (4750 m):
- The trek for today takes us to a wonderful place called Gokyo. The very first section of the trek takes us on an uphill walk through a ridge enjoying the Himalayan view. Our walk also passes through a glacial moraine, first lake before reaching the beautiful Gokyo village on the bank of a serene lake. We will have some time in the afternoon to explore the village as we reach there after a walk of about four hours
- Day 09 : Gokyo lake Exploration Day:
- This may have full day rest at Gokyo or have the chance to explore up to the fifth lake passing another forth lake and enjoy the view. We take our day to explore the majestic beauty of Gokyo village and surrounding wonders. This is a great place and an opportunity to view full part of Mt. Everest and Cho-Oyu. You can see the Northern part of Cho-you base camp and biggest glacier of the world Ngazumpa glacier. After spending an incredible day in and around Gokyo, we spend overnight here at Gokyo.
- Day 10 : Gokyo – PhorsteThanga (3680 m):
- Early in the morning, we hike up to Gokyo Ri for the breathtaking view of the splash a sunrise top of the mountain including Mt. Everest view and many more Himalayan scenery. This will be an unforgettable lifetime memory and enjoy around the top. We have great memories and stroll back an hour to Gokyo for breakfast. After breakfast walk back through the same valley down than cross the river to the right valley up hills to the Phorste village for overnight. Phorste Village is interesting as it is situated in the middle of the hills above the river valley with pine and Rhododendron forest surrounding. At here you will also have a chance to see the Himalayan pleasant and few other Himalayan animals.
- Day 11 : Phorste – Monjo via Namche (2835 m):
- We descend all the way to Khumjung after breakfast at the lodge. Khumjung is a beautiful village in the Everest region. A small yet beautiful settlement, Khumjung offers a wonderful view of iconic mountain peaks and spectacular landscape. We trek all the way down to Monjo via Namche Bazar. We make a stop at Namche Bazar for lunch. We continue the walk further down to Monjo. The trail descends steeply to Monjo
- Day 12 : Monjo – Lukla (2840 m):
- We are going to complete a round trip to Lukla today. Traversing the trail down towards the Dudh Koshi River and walking alongside it, we eventually reach Lukla trekking past Phakding and several other beautiful places. Once we reach Lukla, we say thank you and goodbye to our amazing crew members who made a wonderfully successful trip possible. Whatever we do is not enough to express our gratitude towards them but we are highly thankful to them.
- Day 13 : Lukla – Kathmandu (1300 m):
- We take another beautiful morning flight back to Kathmandu by a fixed-winged aircraft. Saying a heartfelt goodbye to the majestic mountains after so many days of wonderful moments amongst them is quite difficult but we have to do it anyway. We finally land at Kathmandu airport to feel the city air after so many days of wonderful and fresh mountain air. We are transferred to our hotel
- Day 14 : Departure for your onward flight.
- you will be picked up from your hotel and drive you to the TIA a couple of hours before the departure. With some exciting stories and wonderful memories from the Himalayas, the Gokyo Valley Trek with Himalaya Sanctuary will remain with you forever.
- Note: To avoid the risk of missing your International flight we always suggest you have 2 to 3 days extra at the end of your trip because the flight from Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu Often delayed or canceled due to bad weather conditions.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY himalayan sanctuary adventure private limited
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Gokyo Valley Trekking.