13 days (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Saved to wishlist!
Professional English speaking guide for 13 days
All necessary permits for the trek (ACAP, MCAP, and Manaslu special permit)
3 times food (12 Breakfast, 13 Lunch, 12 Dinner) And twin sharing accommodation
All ground transportation in local bus/jeep
Sleeping bag, duffel bag (to be returned to NEST after the trek)
Water bottle and purified water during the trek
All necessary service charge and government tax
International flight, Nepal visa, food and accommodation in Kathmandu
Airport drop off and pick up, Insurance, Porter, any kinds of drinks, tips, etc
Wifi, hot water/bucket shower, battery charge, donation etc.
Anything which has not been mentioned in the Inclusions list.
Departure & Return
Departure PointKathmandu, Kathmandu, Kathmandu Valley, Bagmati Zone, Central Region
Traveler pickup is offered
Anyone who lived outside Thamel the meeting point is NEST Adventure office in Kathmandu Thamel or your hotel If you stayed within Thamel Kathmandu.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The restricted permits for Manaslu are issued from Sunday through Friday at 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. Please note that the permit office is also closed during public holidays but we will let you know if this will be the case.
- It usually takes about 4 hours to issue the permit and this requires the original passport of the trekker. We will need to hold your passport for this time period to request the government to issue the permit. If you do not have a spare day for the trekking preparation we can also expedite the permit. Please let us know.
- What document do we need from you?
- ID picture (passport size - 3 copies)
- Scanned copy or clear image of the passport
- Travel Insurance (not compulsory but strongly recommended for your safety)
- Copy of the roundtrip ticket to Nepal for the expedited permit
- There is a total distance of about 138 km (86 miles) between Kathmandu to Sotikhola. The first half (90km) of the road is well-cemented (this is between Kathmandu and Dhading) so your ride would be comfortable. However, after this would be a challenging ride, with dust, mud and very narrow road. During normal traffic, it will only take 6-7 hour for the private jeep to reach Sotikhola and for the local bus, it may take an hour longer.
- Private jeep will be provided if the group size is at least 4 trekkers. For a group less than 4, you need to take a local bus from Kathmandu to Arughat, and then a local jeep from Arughat to Sotikhola.
- Trail update: Due to the ongoing road construction on the trail, the first two days (from Sotikhola to Tatopani), the walking times might be longer than a usual. In some parts, because the usual trails are closed, a detour will be required.
- Basic private rooms with shared toilet are mostly available throughout the trek. However, please expect one night in Dharmasala where you may need to share a room with other trekkers during high season. Beds, blankets, and pillows may be provided. Also, the weather could be very cold so sleeping bags are a must which is included in the package above (or you can also bring your own if you wish)
- Each tea house has a restaurant/kitchen offering continental food. "Dal bhat power for 24 hours", the most common Nepali dish allows you to eat rice as much as you can. Normally any vegetables served in tea houses are produced from their own field. This is usually organic, so good for your health. Not every camp offers meat (chicken, mutton, and pork). Please also note that beef is almost non-existent here. If they do, you should check with your guide if this is fresh before you placed the order. Because of the altitude and weather, it is sometimes difficult to raise these animals for consumption. Storing the meat over the winter could also be challenging. Better safe than sorry.
- In our package from above, it is included 3 times food in one day which you can choose from the menu.
- Drinking water
- Relatively, the water in the mountain is not as polluted as in the city and are usually drinkable. You will see locals and your guide drinking this water with no issues. However, to be safe, please make sure you use water purification drop. or drink bottled water. Bottled water is available to buy in each camp (roughly NPR 200 (USD 2) in the lower elevation and NPR 400 (USD 4) in the higher elevation). Majority of trekkers use water purification drop or tablet or water filter to save money. In the package, the water purification tablet and one (empty) water bottle are included.
- During the day, you don't need to carry more than one litre of extra water . Normally, the water source is available every one to two hours of walking distance where you can refill water.
- Due to the long days before reaching high altitude, the success rate of Manaslu trek is still much higher than Everest Base Camp or any other trek in Nepal. Based on our experience, around 95% of our groups managed to complete the Manaslu trek with no altitude sickness issues. Watch this video to learn more https://youtu.be/6uO6Xn6q_68
- Trek essentials (What to pack)
- Detailed trekking essential list will be provided after we received the booking confirmation.
- Telecommunication in Manaslu Region
- Only 40% of the area in Manaslu has cell phone signal, However, most of the camp has a satellite phone for emergency contact. Some lodges in Samagaun and Samdo also offer wifi for an extra charge.
- Luggage storage
- You can store your luggage in the hotel as most of the hotel in Kathmandu offers a free luggage storage facilities. If you are not comfortable to store in the hotel, we will collect your luggage and store it in our office.
- Besishar to Pokhara after the trek
- After the trek, if you decided to go Pokhara, our guide will also help you find the local bus at no extra cost. Please let us know if you travelling any other city after the trek instead of returning Kathmandu. Note that the trip to Pokhara is not included in the trip package.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY NEST Adventure
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during 13 Days Manaslu Circuit Trek with NEST Adventure (a local travel company)?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during 13 Days Manaslu Circuit Trek with NEST Adventure (a local travel company)?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during 13 Days Manaslu Circuit Trek with NEST Adventure (a local travel company)?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during 13 Days Manaslu Circuit Trek with NEST Adventure (a local travel company)?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
13 Days Manaslu Circuit Trek with NEST Adventure (a local travel company)
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursUnique ExperiencesSporting EventsMulti-day ToursExtremeMulti-day & Extended ToursSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesKathmandu4WD Tours - PokharaUnique Experiences - PokharaSporting Events - PokharaMulti-day Tours - PokharaExtreme - Pokhara4WD Tours - DarjeelingUnique Experiences - DarjeelingSporting Events - DarjeelingMulti-day Tours - DarjeelingExtreme - Darjeeling4WD Tours - BagdograUnique Experiences - BagdograSporting Events - BagdograMulti-day Tours - BagdograExtreme - BagdograCategory
Asan MarketNuwakot Palace Complex (Nuwakot Durbar)ThamelSundarijalDakshinkali TempleNagi Gompa (Nangkyi Gompa)Namche BazaarKrishna Temple (Krishna Mandir)Shivapuri Nagarjun National ParkPhakdingMonjoGarden of DreamsLuklaChitwan National ParkPatan (Lalitpur)SaurahaKirtipurChobhar VillageTrisuli River (Trishuli River)Changu Narayan