- 4-hour whitewater adventure from Jasper
- Paddle the Sunapta River
- Shoot Class II and Class II rapids with an experienced guide
- All necessary equipment and instruction included
- Round-trip transport from a central location in Jasper
Departure & Return
Our meeting location is in the parking lot across from the Shell Gas Station on Connaught Drive in Downtown Jasper 15 minutes before your trip departure time. Look for the White Rafting Van for check in procedure. All day Parking is available in the public parking lot.
What To Expect
Meet the river guides for a briefing on white water paddling technique and safety, then hit the river in self-bailing rafts that accommodate up to six passengers. The name of the Sunwapta comes from the Stoney Indian term “turbulent river,” and during the highest-water months of mid-June to late July, it lives up to its name with a consistent mix of Class II and Class III rapids.
Watch for wildlife at the edge of the water, as Jasper National Park is habitat for everything from tiny pikas to grizzly bears and moose, and enjoy views of the dramatic Rocky Mountain landscape. After roughly 1.5 hours on the water, steer to shore at a take out point—it’s a great idea to bring a towel and warm clothes to change into when you get off the river.
This 4-hour whitewater trip concludes with return transfer to Jasper.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- All day parking is located in the parking lot directly across the street.
- You are required to check-in and sign waivers 15 minutes prior to departure time
- Dress with a swimsuit underneath your street clothing and bring warm clothing for afterwards. It is also recommended to bring a drink and snack for after the tour
- This trip runs in all weather conditions. Participants will be provided with all the necessary technical equipment including wetsuits, spray jackets, neoprene booties, helmets and lifejackets, however on cooler days, those prone to feeling the cold should bring either a fleece or wool jacket to wear underneath the spray jacket (no cotton should be worn)
- Participants must be at least 12 years of age and weigh a minimum of 90 lbs (41 kg)
- Participants under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for those with back injuries
- All departure times listed are in Alberta Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST)
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- OPERATED BY Maligne Adventures
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms