- Boat cruise on Maligne Lake, located in Jasper National Park
- Enjoy views of the Canadian Rockies, Spirit Island, and sprawling forests
- Watch for wildlife, including deer, eagles, and bears
- Learn about the region’s history and special ecology
- Choose from a variety of departure times
Departure & Return
Departure PointJasper, Jasper, Jasper National Park, Alberta
Directions: From the east end of the town site of Jasper, follow highway 16 east for 3 km to the bridge across the Athabasca river to the right, take the left fork from the end of the bridge and follow the Maligne Road 48 km to Maligne Lake. Follow the parking signs to three free parking areas and then the walkway through the forest to Maligne Lake, ticket office, boathouse and Chalet
What To Expect
Your cruise along Maligne Lake starts dockside near the Maligne Lake Boathouse and Chalet. Onboard, learn about the history and geology of the area. The boat is fully enclosed with glass and heated, making sure you stay warm as you soak up the alpine scenery.
Reach Spirit Island, near the center of the lake and accessible only by boat. Here, you’re treated to views of craggy, snowcapped peaks that ring a bright-blue lake and old-growth forests. Keep your eyes peeled for the wildlife that prowl the shoreline, including deer, bears, and eagles.
Your cruise ends back at the boathouse, where you can purchase a hot beverage or a snack from the nearby lodge and chalet. Feel free to linger as long as you like and enjoy the landscapes from the shore.
Please note: Boats leave approximately on the hour and your ticket is good for any trip during your selected day.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date
- Opening/closing dates are weather dependent
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY Banff Jasper Collection By Pursuit
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "Well worth the money and the staff are very friendly and provide lots of helpful information along the way." See review