- 2-hour beginner-friendly whitewater rafting trip from Jasper
- Paddle "The Expressway" section of the Athabasca River
- Includes all necessary equipment and instruction
- Round-trip transport from a central location in Jasper
- Ideal choice for families
Departure & Return
Meet across the street from the SHELL GAS STATION in the all day free parking area. Maligne Rafting staff will be in the back corner set up with our mobile check in center. Look for the White Van with Rafting logos.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Join the river guides for a briefing on rafting technique and safety, then board a whitewater raft that accommodates between six and 10 passengers and a river guide. Put your paddle in the water to help propel the boat through five sets of Class II rapids, so you can practice your rafting skills between laid-back stretches of flat water.
Throughout the trip, watch for wildlife at the edge of the river, as elk, deer, coyotes, osprey, and bears thrive in the surrounding mountains. After roughly one hour on the water, you’ll pull to shore at a take out point (it’s a good idea to bring a change of clothes, towel, and a warm jacket for after the river). This 2-hour whitewater trip concludes with transfer back to the original departure point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All day parking is located in the parking lot directly across the street from the local service provider
- All departure times listed are in Alberta Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST)
- Children must be a minimum of 5 years of age
- Dress with a swimsuit underneath your street clothing and bring warm clothing for afterwards. It is also recommended to bring a drink and snack for after the tour
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Participants under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- This trip runs in all weather conditions. Participants will be provided with all the necessary technical equipment including wet-suits, spray jackets, neoprene booties and life-jackets, however on cooler days, those prone to feeling the cold should bring either a fleece or wool jacket to wear underneath the spray jacket (no cotton should be worn)
- You are required to check-in and sign waivers at least 15 minutes prior to departure time
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Maligne Adventures
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff