- Full-day shore excursion to Ephesus, from Izmir
- Visit three top attractions in one day
- Explore the well-preserved ancient ruins of Ephesus
- Learn about the story behind the House of Mother Mary and the remains of the Temple of Artemis
- Taste traditional Turkish dishes and see carpet weavers at work
- Includes entrance fees, buffet lunch, guide and transportation, and port pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
|Monday - Sunday:||07:30 AM - 11:30 AM|
|Monday - Sunday:||08:00 AM - 11:30 AM|
Please arrive 15 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Travel in a comfortable climate-controlled vehicle for a little less than one hour to reach the House of Mother Mary, where the Virgin Mary is said to have lived out her final years. Designated a pilgrimage site by the Pope, the site includes a small sanctuary, wishing wall, and lush gardens.
After about 45 minutes, continue to Ephesus, the ancient Roman city that was at its peak between 1 AD and 2 AD and home to more than 250,000 people. Your guide takes you on a walking tour of the ancient site, which is considered the most complete Greco-Roman classical city excavation in the world.
Have a few hours to take in the wonders of Ephesus, have a lunch of traditional Turkish cuisine in the garden of a local handicrafts center. Then learn about carpet weaving before continuing to your final stop, the Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
Your tour ends with return to the Izmir cruise port in the late afternoon.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. Shoes must be removed to enter mosques. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Small Group (Max. 10 Pax) & Private Tours in Turkey
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms