Explore our promoted experiences
- Half-day tour of Istanbul’s Hagia Sophia and Grand Bazaar with an expert guide
- Enjoy priority access to and a tour of the spectacular Hagia Sophia
- Marvel at the dome and mosaics of this UNESCO-listed wonder
- Learn about the 6th-century building and its time as a church and mosque
- Explore the captivating Grand Bazaar, one of the world’s largest indoor markets
- Get shopping tips from your guide and browse some of the 4,000 stalls
- Enjoy a personalized experience on a small-group tour of 15 people at most
Departure & Return
Guests need to be in front of Hagia Sophia Museum at 09:15, Your guide will have a pageboard writen the guests names on it
Because of large sopping possibilities, tour terminate at Grand bazaar
What To Expect
After you maneuver past the line, enter Hagia Sophia and learn how it was originally built as the world’s greatest Christian Basilica by Byzantine Emperor Justinian. See the beautiful golden mosaics and glimpse up at the huge dome as you hear how the church was converted in 1453 to a mosque and in 1935 to a museum after the reign of the Ottomans.
Walk past stunning art highlights like the 9th-century mosaic of the Virgin and Child and learn why art historians believe this monument is the eighth wonder of the world. After capturing photos of this amazing building, leave and head to the Grand Bazaar.
Arrive at one of the largest covered markets in the world and follow your guide into this lively myriad of corridors and alleys. Discover Istanbul’s main souk with over 4,000 shops and stalls and perk your ears up to the sounds of commerce which was established hear in the 15th century.
Learn historical factoids as you make your way to the hans (courtyards) and bedestens (domed halls). Stay close to your guide as you embrace this colorful atmosphere and enjoy some helpful bartering tips too. Perhaps put your guide’s advice to work and haggle for gold, antiques, jewelry or even a beautiful rug at one of many stands.
End your tour at the Grand Bazaar and either continue shopping for souvenirs or return to your hotel at your leisure.
Please note: Hagia Sophia (Closed on Mondays; will be replaced with Underground Cistern), Grand Bazaar (Closed on Sundays; additional time will be spent at the other locations).
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Plan Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms