- Food walking tour of Istanbul
- Follow your knowledgeable local guide along Istiklal Avenue to discover local food culture
- Visit several traditional shops, patisseries, cafes, markets, and street vendors
- Try a variety of dishes like mussels, sausage, spiced lamb, chocolates, and pastries (samples at own expense)
- Small-group tour limited to 15 people ensures a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Make your way through Istiklal Avenue, Istanbul’s busy pedestrian street lined with a melange of restaurants, galleries, cafes, and shops. Stop into some that pique your interest along the way, and take advantage of insider recommendations from your in-the-know guide.
Gear up for more bites as you approach the most concentrated area of restaurants, Cicek Pasaji (Cité de Péra), which dates back to 1876 when it originally opened as a theater. Continue on to a local market where the brave can sample traditional kokorec (grilled lamb intestines).
Savor local delicacies from Istanbul’s street vendors, such as stuffed mussels (kumpir) and massive baked potatoes stuffed with an array of toppings. Follow your guide to St. Anthony of Padua Church (Sant'Antonio di Padova Church) and the Pera Museum. At Pera Square, admire the Golden Horn, where famous poet Pierre Loti wrote much of his poetry. Refuel with a glass of potent Turkish tea.
Stop by Istanbul’s oldest patisserie, Markiz, to try Turkish coffee and maybe some sweet treats in the convivial atmosphere. Lastly, cruise a few local cafeterias before departing the group to continue exploring Istanbul on your own.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Neon Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience