Explore our promoted experiences
- 3.5-hour evening food tour of Istanbul’s bustling Beyoğlu district
- Learn all about the city's vibrant culinary street scene from a knowledgeable guide
- Sample some favorite local street and fast foods with an expert guide
- Try popular treats such as islak burgers and dürüms
- Enjoy an authentic Turkish coffee and fortune-telling session
- Savor a selection of classic meze accompanied by raki
Departure & Return
In front of the Marmara Hotel Taksim Square
What To Expect
Arrive at a popular burger depot and taste the renown islak burgers. Watch as they prepare these ‘wet burgers’ by covering their buns in a tomato-garlic gravy and are then store them in a heated glass case to soak. Bite into this burger and savor its mouth-watering goodness.
Next, promenade down Independence Street to the ‘Flower Passage’ or Çiçek Pasajı. Check out this covered walkway and the nearby Nevizade Sokak arcade that bustles with popular meyhanes, Turkish bars. Drop in and let your guide pick the best starters to sample such as soslu patlıcan salatası (salad with eggplant) or patçanga böreği (rolls with melted cheese inside).
Continue down corridors through the fish market to a top notch grill house called Dürümzade. Here, you will relish the same freshly folded dürüms (kebab wraps) that chef Anthony Bourdain tasted in his hit TV show, No Reservations. Munch on this crispy flatbread filled with a juicy meat filling. It’s sure to satisfy.
From here walk to a coffee house and enjoy a strong cup of traditional Turkish coffee. Learn about the Turkish heritage of kahve falı, where after finishing your coffee you use your leftover grounds to read your future. Try it by turning your cup over and interpreting the shapes that the grounds create. An example is a fish-shape which means a new love.
Your night concludes with a platter of delectable meze at a trendy joint. Enjoy dolmas, yogurt with herbs and wash it all down with a local shot of raki, an anise-flavored liquor. After learning a ton about Istanbul’s underground street food, end your walking tour back at the same starting location and wish your guide a good evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Plan Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms