Are you interested in?
21 Tours & Activities
122 Tours & Activities
Peruvian Amazon Tours
25 Tours & Activities
15 days (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Get off the beaten path on a real-life adventure during this 15-day, 14-night experience living deep in the jungle with the Amazon’s Matses tribe. Escape the tourists as you journey deep into the Amazon near the remote Peru-Brazil border to experience daily life for this indigenous tribe. Participate in daily chores like hunting, navigation and harvesting of local crops. You’ll also join fascinating jungle treks to spot wildlife and enjoy unique activities like the optional tobacco sniffing ‘Nënë’ ceremony. This unforgettable Amazon adventure covers indigenous guides, basic camping gear, basic meals during the trip, transport during the trip and airport transfer from Iquitos.
- Embed with the Matses indigenous tribe near the Peru-Brazil border during this 15-day, 14-night expedition
- Experience the customs and daily life of a remote Amazon tribe located in an area few tourists ever see
- Participate in activities like hunting, navigation and harvesting of local jungle crops
- Enjoy unique tribal activities like piranha fishing and the tobacco sniffing ‘Nënë’ ceremony
- Search for exotic jungle wildlife like alligators, snakes, tarantulas and primates
- Once-in-a-Lifetime experience
Saved to wishlist!
All meals provided for duration of trip (basic food)
Discount at Emperador Terraza, a small and central hotel in Iquitos
Indigenous Matses guides.
Land and river transportation included in the program.
Materials/Gear: Mosquito nets, sheets, sleeping pad, and rubber boots.
Support to local indigenous communities.
Transfer from Iquitos airport.
Additional costs in Iquitos, if Iquitos-Angamos flight is postponed
Departure & Return
Departure PointFrom the hotel or from the Iquitos' International Airport.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time
Return DetailsOriginal departure point or hotel in Iquitos.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Because there a high risk that those flights are postponed (Iquitos-Angamos), we suggest that your flight out from Iquitos has extra days or flexible dates, to recover days lost waiting for the flight to Angamos. Also, this is recommended in order to avoid losing your flight out.
- For camping, in order to sleep we use rectangular mosquito nets, sheets and sponge sleeping pad
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Important: Air transport used for this expedition is subject to pre-established dates by the local airline. However, according to weather conditions, flights may be delayed. The route is from Iquitos to Angamos
- In the case your Iquitos-Angamos flight is postponed, we will not pay expenses of your stay in Iquitos (accommodation, food, etc.)
- Information required for each traveler: Names, passport or ID number, nationality, date of birth, shoe size, physical condition and weight, detailed food requirements (vegetarian, gluten-free, etc.), allergies or medical conditions, Flight's information (airline, flight number and arrival/departure hours), name of your hotel in Iquitos (All our travelers have a discount at Emperador Terraza, a small and affordable hotel in Iquitos)
- It is recommended that travelers have their own insurance
- It is suggested to arrive in Iquitos a day before to avoid issues caused by flight delays. Flight out must be taken a day or, much better, days after the program
- The return trip requires hiking in the jungle for 3 days (50 km or 32 miles)
- This program is for adventurers. We spend the night in a villager's traditional house and camp. We do not offer eco-lodges
- We provide financial support for the villages and Matses people
- We reserve the right to change the activities listed in the itinerary, in case they cannot be performed due to weather conditions or due to water levels of rivers in different seasons
- OPERATED BY Amazon Explorer S.R.L
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Product code: 8998P3
Explore Similar Things to Do
Nature and WildlifeMulti-day ToursEco ToursMulti-day & Extended ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingIquitosNature and Wildlife - AmazonMulti-day Tours - AmazonEco Tours - AmazonNature and Wildlife - ChachapoyasMulti-day Tours - ChachapoyasEco Tours - ChachapoyasNature and Wildlife - Nueva LojaMulti-day Tours - Nueva LojaEco Tours - Nueva LojaCategory