- Private day trip to Luxor from Hurghada with a qualified Egyptologist
- Travel to Luxor and visit the royal tombs in the Valley of the Kings
- Marvel at the columns and chambers of Karnak Temple
- See the Temple of Hatshepsut and giant Colossi of Memnon
- Enjoy a felucca trip on the Nile River and an included lunch
- Learn about ancient Egypt's cities, temples, and pharaohs from your expert guide
- Receive personalized attention from your guide on this private tour
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Your local guide takes you through the 63 Kingdom royal tombs that date back to the 2nd century BC and offer details on why the tombs were built. Explore three of these on your own (guides are not permitted). Purchase a ticket to the tomb of Tutankhamen if time allows and gain a deeper understanding of one of Egypt’s most iconic tombs.
Join your guide and make your way to the Temple of Hatshepsut—a modern-looking structure. Explore the courtyards and terraces as you learn about Egypt’s greatest queen. Make a stop at the Colossi of Memnon to snap some photos and then head to a quiet Nile island to enjoy a traditional Egyptian lunch.
With full bellies, head out to the massive Karnak Temple, which was built in 2055 BC. Its three inner temples are dedicated to Amun, Khonsu and Mut—gods your guide will share more about. After exploring the temple head towards the Avenue of the Sphinxes and check out the Great Hypostyle Hall, known for its 134 massive columns. Take in the beauty of the man-made Sacred Lake as you listen to your guide explain the significance of the history and architecture that surrounds you.
Your private Luxor day trip from Hurghada includes a ride on a felucca (sailboat) along the Nile River. Once the trip is complete, make your way to Hurghada in the air-conditioned comfort of your private vehicle and return to your hotel for the evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Egypt Tours Portal
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff