- Moorilla Estate winery tour and tasting with admission to Mona and round-trip ferry from Hobart
- Discover the architectural wonder that was built underground to house Mona (Museum of Old and New Art)
- Hear commentary from the ferry captain during the ride to the winery, and check out the onboard sculpture collection
Departure & Return
This is a self-guided experience. Meet at Brooke St Pier 15 minutes prior to departure. You will take the 9:15am MR-1 Fast Ferry to Mona and Moorilla, located north of Hobart in Berriedale. No hotel transfers.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Home to art and artifacts from Walsh’s private collection, the museum boasts a variety of items, from Greek coins to Egyptian mummies to daring modern art. Just as noteworthy is the design of Mona itself, an architectural stunner built mostly underground with 64,550 square feet (6,000 square meters) of exhibition space laid out like a labyrinth, which you can explore at your leisure.
Next, head to Source Restaurant for lunch. Enjoy any main meal, paired with a glass of wine from Moorilla’s Muse or Praxis Series and sweeping views of the vineyard, Derwent River, and Mount Wellington.
Continue with a behind-the-scenes tour and wine tasting in the vineyard, the second oldest in Tasmania. Learn how the grapes are handpicked, crushed, pressed, fermented, and matured, and how new and old artisan winemaking techniques are used to craft fragrant, elegant wines. Your host will provide an overview of the history of the region and winery, as well as information on the different grape varieties grown on site. The tasting features ten wines, including a selection from Moorilla’s prestigious Cloth Label Series.
When your time at Moorilla is up, catch the 5pm return ferry to Hobart.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- The site is accessible. Please consult with staff to seek alternatives to stair access.
- A moderate amount of walking is required.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Moorilla Estate
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- "All in all a great day relaxing before hitting the trails again." See review