The First Tour in Hiroshima - An Oyster Harvest with Fishermen on the Boat
2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Face masks provided for travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Get outside and enjoy the rare experience of seeing oyster harvesting up close. This fascinating tour takes you through multiple stages—sailing out on a work boat, seeing oyster rafts, and watching how oysters are unloaded and shucked at Shimada Suisan’s oyster factory too. As well as oysters, this tour has the added benefit of getting close to Itsukushima Shrine and accessing stunning photo opportunities from the sea.
- See a UNESCO World Heritage Site—Itsukushima Shrine
- Rare opportunity to learn about the process of oyster harvesting
- Flexible experience—choose to stop and eat oysters if you wish
- See how oysters are shucked at Shimada Suisan’s oyster factory
Rice porridge with fresh oysters (option)
Departure & Return
Departure Point島田水産 第二駐車場（牡蠣小屋客用）, 1 Chome-11 Miyajimaguchinishi, Hatsukaichi, Hiroshima 739-0412, Japan
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Participation requirements：Please note that preschoolers cannot join this tour.
- The landing pier and the deck of the boat are very slippery, so make sure you wear clothes and shoes easy to move around in.
- The boat used for this tour does not have a cabin and a roof, so please dress warmly.
- Near public transportation
- The boat does not have a restroom, so please make sure you relieve yourself before boarding the boat.
- Please arrive at Shimada Suisan 10 minutes before the boat leaves. We apologize in advance that if you arrive late for the departure time, we are supposed to deal with your reservation as a cancellation on the day the tour.
- Please note in advance that the tour might be canceled because of the weather or other circumstances.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Attractive JAPAN
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during The First Tour in Hiroshima - An Oyster Harvest with Fishermen on the Boat?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during The First Tour in Hiroshima - An Oyster Harvest with Fishermen on the Boat?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
What is the social distancing policy during The First Tour in Hiroshima - An Oyster Harvest with Fishermen on the Boat?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during The First Tour in Hiroshima - An Oyster Harvest with Fishermen on the Boat?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Product code: 51978P50
Explore Similar Things to Do
Water ToursSelf-guided Tours & RentalsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursTours & SightseeingHiroshimaWater Tours - Hiroshima PrefectureSelf-guided Tours & Rentals - Hiroshima PrefectureWater Tours - ImabariSelf-guided Tours & Rentals - ImabariWater Tours - TakamatsuSelf-guided Tours & Rentals - TakamatsuCategory