Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Explore World Heritage sites in Hiroshima and Miyajima in one day
- Walk through the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park
- View the only remaining bomb damaged building, the Atomic Bomb Dome
- Travel by ferry to Miyajima Island
- Informative and friendly guide
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Next, head to the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park to explore a verdant expanse dedicated to promoting peace. Built to commemorate the destructive atomic bomb dropped over Hiroshima in 1945, the park houses the Peace Memorial Museum and a selection of monuments that commemorate those lost in the explosion. Browse intriguing exhibitions and visit the Atomic Bomb Dome, a skeletal structure that partially survived the blast.
Spend a moment reflecting quietly at the Memorial Cenotaph for Atomic Bomb Victims and read the seemingly interminable list of those lost in the brutal explosion. Visit more monuments, including the Cenotaph fro Korean Victims, and then return to a central Hiroshima location at the end of your moving tour.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infants must sit on laps
- Wheelchair accessible
- This tour does not include meal charges for lunch. Please eat lunch on your own at Miyajima (not included). Thank you for your understanding.
- At reception, please show your reservation confirmation sheet, a printout of the reservation confirmation e-mail, or show the e-mail on your mobile device screen to staff.
- Stroller accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- If the minimum number of participants (2) is not met by 4 days before the scheduled date, the tour on that date may be canceled.
- On the day of the tour, a health check and temperature screening will be conducted. Those with a temperature of 37.5 and above as well as those who do not feel well may not be allowed to participate.
- The order of activities and arrival times may differ depending on road conditions and congestion at destinations.
- Due to traffic/entry restrictions that may be placed during the 2023 G7 Summit (May 19-21), there may be changes to the itinerary order or arrival time(s), or the tour may be canceled.
- Depending on the number of tour participants, transportation to be used may be other than a large bus (mid-size bus, small bus), a hired car (van, minivan - Tsubame Kotsu), a taxi, or train on some parts of the tour.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour promotes Environment(Eco)-friendly efforts and Cross-cultural Understanding as stated under Sunrise Tours' Sustainable Development Goals. Please check the following page for details. http://jtbgmt.com/en/g-web/sdgs
- This is a carbon offset product where a portion of the tour booking charge is spent on renewable energy. By converting some CO2 emissions during the tour to green energy, it's possible to contribute to activities protecting the planet's future.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY JTB Global Marketing & Travel Inc.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Miyajima island was absolutely beautiful and it was very quiet (which we were told was rare) so we were able to take it easy and enjoy ourselves." See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews