Private Day Tour of Kintaikyo Bridge and Itsukushima Shrine with a Local Guide from Hiroshima
- Private day-long tour of Hiroshima highlights including the UNESCO-listed Miyajima Island
- A comprehensive tour ideal for first-time visitors
- Capture photos of the iconic Itsukushima Shrine on Miyajima Island
- See the Kintaikyo Bridge and Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Hiroshima are included
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel in Hiroshima city, or Hiroshima Station.
What To Expect
The first stop is Kintaikyo Bridge; a historic wooden structure deemed a Japanese National Scenic Spot in 1922. Snap shots of the bridge before proceeding to the UNESCO-listed Miyajima Island, home to the iconic Itsukushima Shrine.
Admire the famous red torii gate that heralds the shrine’s entrance and, if the tide is low, wade closer to the gate for great photo opportunities.
Then, choose to ride the Miyajima ropeway to the island’s highest mountain, at your own expense. From the mountain’s summit, you’ll enjoy panoramic vistas and see the Reika-do Eternal Fire Hall, whose flame has burned constantly for more than 1,200 years.
Your tour concludes with a visit to the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park before drop-off back at your accommodation.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 6 years
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Beauty of Japan
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Private Day Tour of Kintaikyo Bridge and Itsukushima Shrine with a Local Guide from Hiroshima.