1 hour (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore our promoted experiences
Get an in-depth view of traditional Japanese craftsmanship missed by most visitors with this calligraphy brush making experience in Kumano. Begin by watching a demonstration by a traditional craftsman Fudeshi before embarking on the process of brush making from beginning to end. Feel a sense of accomplishment and take your brush, which will have your name carved into handle of it, back home.
- Class led by a master of the craft of brush making
- Get in-depth insight into traditional Japanese craftsmanship
- Take your brush home as a souvenir: It will have your name carved into the handle
- Choose from multiple start times to best suit your schedule
Saved to wishlist!
Transportation to/from attractions
Departure & Return
10-chōme-6-23 Dekiniwa, Kumano, Aki District, Hiroshima 731-4221, Japan
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Language support：English
- Participation requirements：Not specified. Even kindergarten pupils can enjoy the experience.
- Toilet ：◯
- Other things to note： You can have your name curved on the handle of the calligraphy brush (free of charge) ※ When you make a reservation, please fill in the name of the participant at Special requirements. (in Kanji, Hiragana, Katakana, or English) ※ About 20 characters can be curved on the handle. You can bring the brush you have made back home
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Attractive JAPAN
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Make a blush applauded around the world (authentic version)?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Make a blush applauded around the world (authentic version)?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Make a blush applauded around the world (authentic version)?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands