- Look for whales in Platypus Bay, a sheltered area near Fraser Island
- Learn about whale behavior from the expert guide
- Enjoy a generous morning and afternoon tea, and buffet lunch
- Includes complimentary hotel pickup and drop-off in Hervey Bay
Departure & Return
Berth A4, is down the ramp opposite the terminal building, near Cafe Balaena. The car park for the Great Sandy Straits Marina is between the Mantra and Breakfree Resorts.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Your boat glides out of Hervey Bay to the Great Sandy Marine Park, which is renowned as a playground for humpback whales during their annual migration to the Antarctic. Along the way, enjoy a delicious morning tea that consists of hot scones, jam and cream, and mouth-watering profiteroles. Complimentary tea, coffee, and filtered water is available throughout the day.
Look for whales as your boat approaches Platypus Bay, which is located between Fraser Island and the mainland. Your skipper provides informative commentary about the whales as you watch for fin splashes, tail slaps and impressive breaches where the whale rises up out of the water. Sightings usually include several pods of whales along with dolphins, turtles, and sea birds.
Your boat is equipped with a hydrophone that permits you to hear whale vocalizations if you're lucky. You also get panoramic views of the western beaches on Fraser Island while you tuck into a lunch buffet onboard the catamaran.
During the return journey, nibble an afternoon tea with a platter of fresh fruit and cheese. Upon return to the dock, your can hop on board the complimentary shuttle to return to your hotel, or simply make your own way to your next destination after a fantastic day of whale watching.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- We can arrange pet sitting if required.
- Most travelers can participate
- Due to COVID-19 we will not allow unwell passengers aboard
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 46 travelers
- OPERATED BY Freedom Whale Watch
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Three-Quarter Day Hervey Bay Premium Whale Watching Cruise.