6 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Experiencing Crete’s traditional rural lifestyle and villages independently is difficult without a hire car or the time to meet and chat with locals. This trip lays it all on for you: with a tour of various villages to uncover their daily life; a string of food tastings and cultural insights; and a home-cooked Cretan lunch conjured up by a local host. Rethymno and Heraklion hotel pickup and drop-off are included.
- Discover rural Crete on a village and cultural tour, including a local lunch
- Travel easily to different villages and uncover their daily life with a guide
- See homes, schools, and churches; watch breadmaking; and try local foods
- Includes lunch at local's home, plus Rethymno and Heraklion hotel transfers
Saved to wishlist!
Lunch at Vatos Village - wine, drinks, and soft drinks are free
VAT and all legal taxes included
The pick-up and drop off from your hotel is not included in the price. From Heraklion and Rethymno there is no extra charge, but from other pick-up points (depending on the location), there may be an extra charge.
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
The departure times depend on the pick-up location. Travelers will be informed about the exact pick-up time upon confirmation. Depending on the pick-up location, there may be an extra charge (payable to the driver).
Chania (08:30-17:30) / 25 euro per person
Georgioupoli (09:10-16:50) / 20 euro per person
Bali (09:15-16:45) / 20 euro per person
Fodele (09:00-17:00) / 25 euro per person
Agia Pelagia (08:45-17:15) / 25 euro per person
Gouves (08:15-17:45) / 25 euro per person
Hersonisos (08:00-18:00) / 30 euro per person
Stalida (08:00-18:00) / 30 euro per person
Malia (07:45-18:15) / 30 euro per person
Agios Nikolaos (07:30-18:30) / 30 euro per person
Elounda (07:15-18:45) / 30 euro per person
All other locations are upon request.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Our company is not responsible for the client’s failure to appear at the meeting point for the booked tour or activity.
- Last minute cancellation of flights or inability to disembark from a cruise ship, is not our company’s responsibility, therefore any refund requests due to such incidents will not be accepted. Should the client be aware of such a change, he/she is requested to communicate with our company more than 24 hours before the tour or activity starts, in order to discuss possible date or time amendment (subject to availability)
- Refund requests for last minute cancellations (up to 24 hours before the tour or activity), for any reason, will not be accepted.
- All clients are kindly requested to send their preferred meeting point and location until 3:00pm of the previous date, regarding their pick-up for the booked tour or activity. Should they fail to do so, our company will do anything it can in order to locate them (telephone, email, etc), however it is not responsible for any failure to meet them. Meeting points could be, anywhere on the island and the information necessary is either the hotel name or the name of the cruise ship they are arriving with. In the occasion that they are staying at an apartment, clients are requested to send us a google map, a nearby hotel or any information that would help us locate them. Any delay of behalf of the client (up until 15 minutes that we will be waiting for them) affects the transfer schedule and disrupts the smooth conduct of the tour/activity.
- For no-name accommodations, our company will set the most convenient location for the pick-up.
- For accommodations that are located in a pedestrian zone, our company will set the best possible pick-up point.
- Most travelers can participate
- Our company is not responsible for knowing whether the client is supposed to book transfer or not. The transfer schedule is prepare less than 24 hours before the operation, therefore we cannot predict such necessity.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY YourTransfer.gr
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Cretan Villages with Traditional Lunch?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Cretan Villages with Traditional Lunch?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Cretan Villages with Traditional Lunch?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Cretan Villages with Traditional Lunch?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Cretan Villages with Traditional Lunch
1 hour 30 minutes
4 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Unique ExperiencesBus ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesHeraklionUnique Experiences - CreteBus Tours - CreteHistorical Tours - CreteHalf-day Tours - CreteCategory