Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Gain insight into the life of Hanoi
- Visit the Temple of Literature and the infamous Hanoi Hilton
- Traveling in a small group, maximum 12 passengers allowing a unique and intimate adventure experience
Departure & Return
Front entrance of the Hanoi Opera House, 1 Trang Tien Street, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Experience service at a traditional teahouse, where you’ll sample flavored green teas grown in the hills of Vietnam. Listen to thousand-year-old stories and learn about the significance of this drink on local cultures and traditions. Snack on sweetened lotus seeds and green bean cakes as you relax with fellow travelers.
Pay a visit to the Hoa Lo Prison, nicknamed Hanoi Hilton by American pilots during the Vietnam War. This notorious prison was used by French Colonists for political prisoners until the mid-1950s. Your expert guide will share stories and history as you tour the grounds.
After witnessing the horrors of war, take in the beauty of St Joseph’s Cathedral—the largest church in Hanoi. Built in 1886, this stunning structure has been compared to Notre Dame in Paris. Once you’ve explored the interior you’ll follow your guide to Hoan Kiem Lake where you’ll get an up close look at The Huc Bridge and Ngoc Son temple. Continue to explore the area on your own, or ask your guide for assistance getting a taxi back to your hotel after this cultural tour of Hanoi.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Maximum group size is 12
- Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- As the Delta variant of COVID-19 has proven to be highly transmissible and poses significant increased safety risk, effective September 1, 2021, travellers aged 18+ must produce proof of COVID-19 vaccination on Intrepid Urban Adventures tours. Children aged 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery, or proof of vaccination. View full policy at urbanadventures.com/vaccine.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Urban Adventures - Indochina
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Half-Day Morning Tour of the Highlights in Hanoi with Lunch.