Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Discover the culture of Vietnam through local food
- Sample local specialities with influences from French and Chinese cuisine
- Watch twilight fall over Hoan Kiem Lake from a secret cafe
- Small-group tour of 12 participants ensures more personalized service
Departure & Return
3B Hàng Tre street, Ly Thai To, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi at Hidden Gem Coffee shop (in the alley)
What To Expect
Inhale the aromatic scents exuding from street hawker stalls and follow your nose to stands replete with exotic fruits and fresh seafood. Listen as you guide explains the culinary context of the city and hear about the cultural significance of local specialties.
Eat as you go sampling delicious seasonal fruits and a local doughnut, learning about the local family that makes them. Then head to a food stall to taste bun dau met noodles and bun cha, a grilled pork and noodle dish.
Continue on to Lo Ren Street where you can sample the famous banh mi sandwiches, a Vietnamese baguette with a variety of fillings.
Walk through the winding streets of the Old Quater and enjoy the famous banh cuon dish the originates in Hanoi. Watch chefs put together this tasty dish and then continue through the maze of streets to observe local life.
Sit down and chat with locals over a cup of bia hoi—Vietnamese draft beer—before wandering around the Hanoi train track trails.
Grab a seat in a secret café famed for its spectacular views over Hoan Kiem Lake. Sip the local specialty of egg coffee and bid your guide and group farewell in this ambient establishment.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Unfortunately, this tour cannot accommodate vegetarians and vegans
- Small-group tour a maximum of 12 people per tour
- We highly recommend you bring a resuable bottle of water on this walking tour as we are on the way to reducing single plastic. The chance to fill up your water bottle is provided at the first meeting point, and 3 local drinks are included in the itinerary.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- As the Delta variant of COVID-19 has proven to be highly transmissible and poses significant increased safety risk, effective September 1, 2021, travellers aged 18+ must produce proof of COVID-19 vaccination on Intrepid Urban Adventures tours. Children aged 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery, or proof of vaccination. View full policy at urbanadventures.com/vaccine.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Urban Adventures - Indochina
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Hanoi at Night: Street Food Small Group Walking Tour.