9 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Explore our promoted experiences
If you want a day of non-stop adventure, this is the tour for you. Private pickup from Guayaquil takes you to Riobamba, where you’ll hop on the Ice Train with your guide and discover some of Ecuador’s best natural wonders and meet the famous Baltazar Ushca. You’ll also visit La Maya, where you’ll learn from the descendants of the Puruha people. After an included meal, head back to Guayaquil.
- Relax in comfortable round trip transportation from Guayaquil
- Experience the daily life of a secluded indigenous population
- Dine on an included traditional lunch of local cuisine
- Meet famous ice harvester Baltazar Ushca
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Food and drinks, unless specified
Additional expenses at the Train Cafe
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code: jacket, walking shoes, hat, sunscreen and sunglasses
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Bring your camera
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY BM TOURS SA
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Learn more about cancellations.
Questions & Answers
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during 'Tren del Hielo I' Experience: Riobamba - Urbina - La Moya - Riobamba?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during 'Tren del Hielo I' Experience: Riobamba - Urbina - La Moya - Riobamba?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during 'Tren del Hielo I' Experience: Riobamba - Urbina - La Moya - Riobamba?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during 'Tren del Hielo I' Experience: Riobamba - Urbina - La Moya - Riobamba?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Product code: 30440P85
Explore Similar Things to Do
Rail ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsTours & SightseeingGuayaquilRail Tours - CuencaHistorical Tours - CuencaFull-day Tours - CuencaRail Tours - BañosHistorical Tours - BañosFull-day Tours - BañosRail Tours - MindoHistorical Tours - MindoFull-day Tours - MindoCategory