10 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Enjoy the perfect mix of adventure and relaxation on this day trip, ascending Pacaya Volcano and then soaking your muscles at a thermal bath resort. Scale the 8,300-foot (2,500-meter) heights of Pacaya, one of the most active volcanoes in Guatemala. At the top you’ll be able to peer down into the boiling lava of the crater and feel the earth’s rumble. Descend back down from the summit to enjoy an included lunch and soak in the thermal waters of Kawilal Hot Springs, featuring 12 soaking pools, 25 steam baths, and three hydrotherapy baths. Your Pacaya day trip also includes entrance fees, a guide, and round-trip hotel transport.
- Hike Pacaya Volcano and visit the Kawilal Hot Springs with an included lunch
- Climb to the top of one of Guatemala's most active volcanoes and peer down into the lava in the crater
- Soothe your aching hiking muscles at thermal-fed waters of Kawilal Hot Springs
- Enjoy Kawilal's collection of more than 12 soaking pools, 25 steam baths, and three hydrotherapy baths
- Great combination of relaxation and active adventure
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Entrance to Pacaya Volcano National Park
Entrance to Kawilal Hot Springs ( If option selected)
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Food and drinks, unless specified
Horses at Pacaya Volcano
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Tours include bilingual guide (English and Spanish).
- It is recommended that you bring walking shoes, hat, sunglasses, and a camera.
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Infants must sit on laps
- Please contact local provider if you need a guide in any other language. French, German and Italian in private services, subject to additional costs and guide availability.
- For groups of 10 persons or more, please contact local provider to arrange.
- Please keep in mind that when climbing an active volcano changes in activity and weather may cancel or shorten the excursion at anytime.
- Medical and Legal Note: Guests booking this tour certify that they are in excellent physical condition and free from any heart, respiratory and/or back condition and are not pregnant. Booking of this tour constitutes an acceptance of the inherent risk of climbing any active volcano and the guest agrees to hold Gray Line all subsidiaries, licensees, staff members and vendors harmless and not liable for any and all injuries or death as a result of taking this tour.
- Child under 13 years is not allowed to take the thermal circuit.
- If you are lodging in Zone 1, our only pick-up point is at the Hotel Panamerican.
- If you are lodging in an airbnb please move to the nearest hotel lobby and please let us know of its name.
- To find pictures of our experiences, search us on Instagram as @graylinetoursgt
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line Guatemala
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Pacaya Volcano Tour and Hot Springs from Guatemala City?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Pacaya Volcano Tour and Hot Springs from Guatemala City?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Pacaya Volcano Tour and Hot Springs from Guatemala City?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Pacaya Volcano Tour and Hot Springs from Guatemala City?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Pacaya Volcano Tour and Hot Springs from Guatemala City
6 hours 30 minutes
3 hours 15 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
HikingDining ExperiencesThermal Spas & Hot SpringsWalking & Biking ToursFood, Wine & NightlifeSpa ToursOutdoor ActivitiesGuatemala CityHiking - Central HighlandsDining Experiences - Central HighlandsThermal Spas & Hot Springs - Central HighlandsHiking - AntiguaDining Experiences - AntiguaThermal Spas & Hot Springs - AntiguaHiking - PanajachelDining Experiences - PanajachelThermal Spas & Hot Springs - PanajachelCategory