Explore our promoted experiences
- Full-day sightseeing tour of Guatemala City and Antigua
- Discover Guatemala City’s top attractions on a driving tour with a local guide
- See the Civic Center, National Palace of Culture, Metropolitan Cathedral and Central Market
- Admire urban art by artists Dagoberto Vásquez and Carlos Mérida
- Take a walking tour of Antigua, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Visit La Merced Church, San José Cathedral, Central Park and Santa Catalina Arch
- Enjoy a Guatemalan lunch at a local restaurant
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
What To Expect
Your guide will show you murals by artist Dagoberto Vasquez and explain the scenes straight out of Guatemalan history that are showcased in his work. You’ll also see impressive and colorful mosaic work by Carlos Merida.
From the Civic Center you will head to Constitution Plaza (Plaza de la Constitucion). Your guide will point out the famous structures that surround you, like the National Palace of Culture, the National Library and the Metropolitan Cathedral.
Once you’ve taken in the beauty and history of Guatemala City, follow your guide through the stalls of the city’s Central Market. You’ll see handicrafts, colorful textiles, leather goods and jewelry that make great gifts and keepsakes to remember this incredible day.
Savor a traditional lunch with your guide and fellow travelers at a local restaurant before heading to Antigua—about 45 minutes west of the capital—in air-conditioned comfort. This stunning city is a UNESCO World Heritage Site recognized for its Spanish colonial style and charm.
Your guide will lead you on a walking tour of the old city’s cobble stone streets, past key sites like Central Park, the Palace of the Captain Generals, City Hall and the Archbishop’s Palace. Wander past the iconic Sirens’ Fountain, which was built in the 1930s before making your way to the whitewashed halls of San Jose Cathedral. The Baroque architecture of this iconic church proves a highlight of this memorable tour. Your guide will share insight and information about the underground passageways that cloistered nuns once used to cross the street while you take in the building’s beauty.
Before returning to Guatemala City and your hotel, make a final stop at La Merced Church where you’ll marvel at Antigua’s largest fountain and savor your last bit of colonial beauty.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum of 2 passengers (adults) is required for the tour to run. If the minimum size is not reached, the tour is subject to cancellation and all tickets are refunded or rescheduled.
- Passport name, number, expiry and country are required at time of booking for all participants.
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable walking shoes and bring sunscreen, a hat and sunglasses
- Please contact us if you need a guide in any other language. French, German and Italian in private services, subject to additional costs and guide availability.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- For groups of 10 persons or more, please contact Gray Line Guatemala to arrange.
- Most travelers can participate
- To find pictures of our experiences, search us on Instagram as @graylineguatemalatours
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line Guatemala
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Antigua Guatemala & Guatemala City Tour.