- 3-hour sightseeing tour of Tlaquepaque and Tonala from Guadalajara
- Explore two typical towns of Jalisco and hear a traditional mariachi band play
- Meet workshop artisans who make Mexico’s traditional handcrafted goods
- Learn about the rich history of the region from your expert guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by air-conditioned minivan included
Departure & Return
Meeting Point at Estación GDL waiting room 9:30 am
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Arrive in Tlaquepaque, located just 4 miles (7 km) from Guadalajara, to walk down the village's quaint cobblestone streets. Stop in small craft shops inhabiting what were once stately colonial mansions to peruse the goods the town is famous for. See leatherwork, woodcarvings, ceramics and other handcrafted goods, perfect for souvenirs. Visit a local craft factory to see the artisans at work, then listen to a lively mariachi performance. During your free time in town, stop for lunch (own expense) before departing for Tonala.
Tonala is host to a large open-air market, a draw for people from all over the region. Listen to your guide's narrative about the region's history, then visit a few craft workshops with your small group. See an impressive array of furniture, jewelry, wrought iron, wooden figurines, ceramics and hand-blown glass.
At the conclusion of your 4-hour craft tour, enjoy drop-off back at your Guadalajara hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Amigo Tours Mexico
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
See all safety measures taken by Discover Tlaquepaque and Tonalá from Guadalajara in one day.