- City sightseeing tour of Guadalajara and Tlaquepaque
- Glimpse the colonial history and modern-day culture of downtown Guadalajara
- View famous monuments at Plaza de la Liberacion (Liberation Square), such as the Degollado Theater
- Discover the charming town of Tlaquepaque and its market of traditional Mexican handicrafts
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by air-conditioned minivan included
Departure & Return
Meeting Point at Estación GDL waiting room 9:30 am
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Next, journey to Liberation Square, a scenic sprawl of charming colonial buildings shrouded in history. From here, visit the creative Instituto Cultural de Cabanas to witness another example of Guadalajara’s stunning architecture before exploring the museum of modernist murals within. Capture the essence of neo-classical splendor with a visit to the Degollado Theater before absorbing the authentic atmosphere of Plaza de la Rotonda. Listen to your knowledgeable guide as the story of the stunning sculptural monument within the square is revealed.
Afterward, immerse yourself in the convivial Mercado Libertad, an energetic and exuberant market considered to be one of Mexico’s biggest. Wander past colorful stalls that burst with diverse produce; see exotic fruits, handwoven rugs, scented candles, and beautiful flowers on the 2,600 stalls.
Return to the minivan to enjoy the scenic journey to Tlaquepaque, a charming provincial village 4 miles (7 km) southeast of Guadalajara. Relax and enjoy free time wandering the quaint, cobblestone streets, and admiring the picturesque architecture. Purchase an appetizing and authentic lunch from a local restaurant before visiting the village’s principal arts and crafts market, in which handmade pottery, woodcarvings, and leather items reign supreme. Return to your hotel with your guide when the tour reaches its cultural conclusion.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is recommended that your wear comfortable shoes and clothing
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers
- OPERATED BY Amigo Tours Mexico
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
See all safety measures taken by Guadalajara and Tlaquepaque City Sightseeing Tour.