Explore our promoted experiences
- Cruise through lively downtown Greenville and the West End
- Venture along the Swamp Rabbit trail to soak up the beautiful natural surroundings
- This customizable tour lets you request places to see and visit
- Segway training provided – no experience needed
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Company: Greenville Glides Downtown Greenville - Street level of NOMA Flats - BEHIND Jersey Mike's Sub Shop Address: 233 North Main St. Suite 12 Greenville, SC
What To Expect
Riding on a Segway isn’t difficult, but it’s important to know how to maneuver one. This tour begins in downtown Greenville with a brief but thorough training session to make sure everyone feels comfortable and knowledgeable about their Segway. Additionally, all passengers must weight between 100 and 300 pounds to participate.
With the training out of the way, it’s time to hit the open road.
Glide down the Greenville Health System Swamp Rabbit Trail, a 20-mile-long, multi-use greenway system that runs along the Reedy River, connecting Greenville County with schools, parks and local businesses. The trail follows the bed of a former railroad that had been nicknamed after the indigenous swamp rabbit.
Wind through the streets and discover what makes the city unique, with ongoing commentary about the past and present of this growing region — and a few secrets that even some of the locals don’t know about. Explore everything from the booming business district to the lush parks and greenways — the territory that has made Greenville one of CNN Money’s “Top 10 Fastest Growing Cities in the US.”
This Greenville Segway adventure concludes back at its starting point in downtown Greenville.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- MUST MUST MUST arrive 30-minutes before tour time for mandatory Segway training.
- Sorry, NO PREGNANT Segway tour participants!
- Minimum age is 12 years old AND they must weigh at least 100 lbs.
- Participants under age 18 must be accompanied by a parent OR an adult 21 years or older with a signed waiver from parent
- Minimum weight is 100 lbs (45 kg)
- Maximum weight is 260 lbs (117 kg)
- There is a maximum of five (5) passengers per booking
- Dress code: Closed-toe shoes are best, no heels, and weather-appropriate layers; no hats
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- NOT NOT NOT recommended for anyone with mobility issues; must able to stand unaided for approx. 2 hrs.
- NOT recommended for anyone who has had recent surgeries for joint replacement.
- NOT recommended for those with vestibular or unpredictable blood sugar issues.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- OPERATED BY Charlotte NC Tours LLC, Greenville Glides
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "We had scheduled the tour for 11:00 but there was only one attendant there to check us in, show us how to use the Segway, give us the tour." See review