- Day trip to Heidelberg and Rothenburg from Frankfurt
- Walk around the vast ruins of Heidelberg Castle with a guide
- Explore Heidelberg Old Town on a walking tour and see the Church of the Holy Spirit
- Travel to Rothenburg via the German Castle Road
- Visit Rothenburg’s St Jacob's Church to admire its wood-carved altar
Departure & Return
Departure at 09:30 am at the bus stop in front of the Le Meridien Hotel, Wiesenhuettenplatz 38 in Frankfurt
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Explore of the world-famous castle (partially in ruins) with its impressing Gothic and Renaissance buildings. We show you the large courtyard, the mighty terrace and one of the largest wine barrels in the world, the “Heidelberg Tun”. Take a walk in the medieval town center and marvel at the Old Bridge, Karlstor, the Church of the Holy Spirit, House of the Knights with its precious Renaissance facade and small lanes with half-timbered houses. The city hosts the oldest university of Germany.
We continue our journey to the best-preserved medieval town in Germany—Rothenburg—high above the Tauber River Valley on the Romantic Road. Take a walk through the picturesque old lanes and the castle gardens: See St. Jacobs Church with the wood carved altar by Tilman Riemenschneider. Marvel at half-timbered houses, city gates, and the mighty Renaissance Town Hall. In your leisure time visit the fascinating Medieval Crime Museum, Doll and Toy Museum, German Christmas Museum and many more.
Rothenburg also offers great souvenir-shopping opportunities: Buy carvings, wine glasses, Christmas tree ornaments and all kind of traditional handicraft.
At many lovely restaurants you can enjoy a traditional German meal, but don’t forget to try a “Schneeball” (snowball) a local fried dough ball with many different toppings.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Infants and children must sit in a child seat, which means they need a separate seat, no matter which age (legal regulation)
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 28 travelers
- OPERATED BY ETS-Frankfurt
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms