- Day trip to Atta Cave and Braunfels Castle from Frankfurt
- Explore Germany’s largest dripstone cave with an expert local guide
- See incredible calcite crystal formations inside Atta Cave
- Spend your afternoon exploring the medieval ruins at Braunfels Castle
- Visit the German Bell Museum (Deutsches Glockenmuseum) inside the castle grounds
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 14 people ensures personalized attention
Departure & Return
Departure is at 09:30 am at the bus stop in front of the Le Meridien Hotel, Wiesenhuettenplatz 38 in Frankfurt
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
After the tour, head back to the entrance above ground and enjoy lunch at the cave restaurant and café, Himmelreich, before traveling south via vehicle to Braunfels Castle, one of the oldest fortresses in Germany. Explore the ruins, visiting the 12th-century torture chamber and tower as well as the wine cellar and herb garden. Finally, visit the German Bell Museum inside the castle to see over 50 bells on display and learn more about the history of bell making in Germany.
The tour concludes with a return trip to Frankfurt.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Infants and children must sit in a child seat, which means they need a separate seat, no matter which age (legal regulation)
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY ETS-Frankfurt
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms