- Guided sightseeing tour of the Itaipu Dam from Foz do Iguaçu
- Learn about the construction of the dam and the famous power outage
- Complimentary hotel pickup and drop-off included
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Enjoy a guided sightseeing tour that gives you a close view of the dam and offers great photo opportunities. Take advantage of your guide's expertise and ask any questions you have about the dam or the surrounding area. Learn about its construction in the 1970s and 1980s and its importance to the people of Paraguay and Brazil. When the dam seized up for 2 hours in 2009, it interrupted power to entire country of Paraguay and large regions of Brazil, making this incident one of the world's largest blackouts.
When your time exploring, photographing and learning about the dam is finished, enjoy drop-off back at your Foz do Iguaçu hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please check if you require a Visa or a similar document to enter Brazil. You are responsible for obtaining these documents.
- It is necessary to bring along your passport and pay close attention to visa restrictions.
- The specific departure time for this tour will be determined upon reconfirmation.
- Panoramic Tour to Itaipu Dam entrance Fee must be paid locally
- As the ticket is not included, you will pay for it on the spot.
- You will only be able to do the Panoramic Tour. It will not be possible to do the Technical Tour (Itaipu Special).
- If you are being picked up in Puerto Iguazu to cross to Brazil, you will need to pay a fee for an Eco touristic tax in Puerto Iguazu.
- Please make sure to keep your receipt in order to avoid being charged twice
- Prices above are aproximated and subject to change without notice
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line Brazil
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms