3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Step inside one of Florence’s spiritual gems with a guided tour of the Santa Maria de Novella church, a Gothic-Renaissance design that’s steeped in centuries of Florentine history. Admire evocative frescoes and devotional sculptures by Giotto, Brunelleschi, and Ghirlandaio that decorate the chapels while a guide explains their meaning and importance. For a sensory treat that combines the feel of a medieval apothecary with the fragrance of luxury Italian perfume, browse elixirs and bath products in the little-known pharmacy tucked within the church walls.
- Private, 3-hour tour of Santa Maria Novella Square and Church
- Learn the history behind one of Florence's most important churches and public squares
- Admire Renaissance masterpieces by Giotto, Brunelleschi, and others that adorn the chapels
- Explore the symbolism of masterful frescoes, crucifixes, and trinities
- Visit the historic pharmacy inside the church
- Shop for handmade perfumes, elixirs, and bath products in an apothecary dating back to the Middle Ages
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Pharmacy products (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
Santa Maria Novella, Firenze FI, Italy
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Florence Tours by Made of Tuscany
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Santa Maria Novella Private Tour?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Santa Maria Novella Private Tour?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Santa Maria Novella Private Tour?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Santa Maria Novella Private Tour?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Explore Similar Things to Do
Architecture ToursWalking ToursArt ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingFlorenceArchitecture Tours - TuscanyWalking Tours - TuscanyArt Tours - TuscanyHalf-day Tours - TuscanyArchitecture Tours - ChiantiWalking Tours - ChiantiArt Tours - ChiantiHalf-day Tours - ChiantiArchitecture Tours - San GimignanoWalking Tours - San GimignanoArt Tours - San GimignanoHalf-day Tours - San GimignanoCategory
Medici Riccardi Palace (Palazzo Medici Riccardi)San Marco MuseumPiazza di Santa Maria NovellaOpera del Duomo Museum (Museo dell'Opera del Duomo)Fountain of NeptuneBasilica of San Lorenzo (Basilica di San Lorenzo)Pharmacy of Santa Maria NovellaPerseus StatueLeonardo da Vinci Museum (Museo Leonardiano di Vinci)Stibbert MuseumPiazza della SignoriaFlorence Santa Croce Basilica (Basilica di Santa Croce)Piazza della RepubblicaPonte Santa TrinitaBuontalenti Grotto (Grotta del Buontalenti)Brancacci Chapel (Cappella Brancacci)Gucci Garden (Gucci Museo)Galileo Museum (Museo Galileo)Brunelleschi's Dome (Cupola del Brunelleschi)Sant'Ambrogio Market (Mercato di Sant'Ambrogio)