4 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore the life and scientific legacy of one of the most famous Florentines on a private tour revolving around Galileo. Visit the astronomer’s namesake museum to learn about his life and see historic telescopes, and pay tribute at a forum and statue dedicated to him at the Observatory Museum. After learning about Galileo’s controversial theories and discoveries, finish the journey in front of his tomb inside the Basilica of Santa Croce.
- Private, half-day Galileo tour of Florence
- Trace the footsteps and theories of the famous Italian astronomer and mathematician
- Visit the Galileo Museum, Observatory Museum, and Museum of Natural History
- See historic telescopes and other scientific instruments
- Learn about Galileo's life, achievements, and controversies
- Pay respects at Galileo's tomb in the Basilica of Santa Croce
- All entrance fees included
Saved to wishlist!
Entrance Ticket Museum Galileo
Entrance ticket Basilica Santa Croce
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Piazza della Signoria , P.za della Signoria, 50122 Firenze FI, ItalyThis activity will end right where it started.
In front of Neptune Fountain
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Florence Tours by Made of Tuscany
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Galileo Galilei Private Science Tour of Florence?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Galileo Galilei Private Science Tour of Florence?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Galileo Galilei Private Science Tour of Florence?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Galileo Galilei Private Science Tour of Florence?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Galileo Galilei Private Science Tour of Florence
Explore Similar Things to Do
Unique ExperiencesWalking ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesFlorenceUnique Experiences - TuscanyWalking Tours - TuscanyHistorical Tours - TuscanyHalf-day Tours - TuscanyUnique Experiences - ChiantiWalking Tours - ChiantiHistorical Tours - ChiantiHalf-day Tours - ChiantiUnique Experiences - San GimignanoWalking Tours - San GimignanoHistorical Tours - San GimignanoHalf-day Tours - San GimignanoCategory
Medici ChapelsVasari Corridor (Corridoio Vasariano)Arno RiverPiazza di Santa Maria NovellaFlorence Santa Croce Basilica (Basilica di Santa Croce)Loggia dei LanziFlorence American Cemetery and MemorialOspedale degli InnocentiSan FredianoLeonardo Da Vinci MuseumPonte Santa TrinitaOrsanmichele Church and Museum (Chiesa e Museo di Orsanmichele)Palazzo StrozziStibbert MuseumPiazza Santa CroceSant'Ambrogio Market (Mercato di Sant'Ambrogio)Barberino Designer Outlet Florence Central Market (Mercato Centrale)Bargello Museum (Museo Nazionale del Bargello) Gucci Garden (Gucci Museo)