1 hour 20 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Discover the long and important history of Florence’s Santa Croce Basilica, and learn how it earned the nickname ‘Temple of the Glories of Italy.’ Best known as a mausoleum housing the remains of Italian luminaries including Michelangelo, Dante and Galileo, the basilica is also home to many gems of Renaissance art. Get the most out of your visit and hear the legends that surround this house of worship from an expert English-speaking guide.
- Guided tour of the 15th-century Santa Croce Basilica in Florence
- Discover the long and fascinating history of the world's largest Franciscan church
- Visit the final resting place of Michelangelo, Dante, Galileo and other famous Italian figures
- Admire masterpiece of devotional art by Giotto, Brunelleschi and Donatello
- See ornate chapels and the restored church cemetery
Saved to wishlist!
Guided tour with an official local guide
Earphones for larger groups
Monolingual guided tour
Transportation to/from attractions
Tips (tips in Italy are optional but welcomed if you liked the service)
Departure & Return
Piazza di Santa Croce, 16, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note that visitors are asked to behave and dress appropriately and observe silence in the Church
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Keys Of Italy / Florence
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Product code: 29255P7
Explore Similar Things to Do
Architecture ToursWalking ToursArt ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursTours & SightseeingFlorenceArchitecture Tours - TuscanyWalking Tours - TuscanyArt Tours - TuscanyArchitecture Tours - ChiantiWalking Tours - ChiantiArt Tours - ChiantiArchitecture Tours - San GimignanoWalking Tours - San GimignanoArt Tours - San GimignanoCategory
Salvatore Ferragamo MuseumBargello Museum (Museo Nazionale del Bargello) Gucci Garden (Gucci Museo)Buontalenti Grotto (Grotta del Buontalenti)Medici ChapelsPiazza della Santissima Annunziata Pitti Palace Palatine GalleryOltrarnoPalazzo StrozziFlorence Central Market (Mercato Centrale)Florence Santa Croce Basilica (Basilica di Santa Croce)Perseus StatuePiazza di Santa Maria NovellaGiotto's Bell Tower (Campanile di Giotto)St Mark’s Anglican ChurchFountain of NeptuneAuditorium Santo Stefano al Ponte VecchioMichelangelo's Statue of David (Il Davide di Michelangelo)Bardini Gardens (Giardino Bardini)San Marco Museum