- Learn about the history of Scotland and its signature drink on the drive through the Scottish countryside
- Tour two distilleries and sample expertly aged whisky crafted by the masters
- Enjoy free time to have lunch and explore Loch Lomond
- Small-group tour for a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
6 Waterloo Place, EH1 3EG Edinburgh "Check in closes 15 minutes prior to departure"
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
North of Glasgow, stop at Glengoyne Distillery in Dumgoyne. Renowned for its distillation process—one of the slowest in the world—Glengoyne makes a masterful art of whisky-making. Tour the grounds, learn about the complex production process and enjoy samples of rich 12- and 18-year old products.
Then head into Trossachs National Park for a beautiful scenic drive through forest-covered terrain and dramatic mountain peaks. Stop near Loch Lomond for a hearty pub lunch (own expense)—good for balancing out a day of whisky tasting.
Afterward, head to Deanston Distillery, situated in a converted cotton mill on the River Teith. Repurposing the mill’s original hydroelectric generators, Deanston is notably the most environmentally friendly distillery in Scotland. Tour the space and enjoy a fun sensory tasting of two different types of single malt Scotch. Test your tastebuds for hints of lemon zest, nutmeg, barley, toffee, cocoa, and vanilla. Don’t forget to stop by the onsite shop to pick up some of your favorite drink before departing.
Relax on ride head back to Edinburgh, arriving by evening.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Whisky tastings are at your own expense, as there are various price options depending on the day
- Minimum age is 18 years
- In order to retain the integrity of the tour and try to ensure that all our customers have the best possible experience, we do cap bookings from any one party to 8 passengers.
- Luggage Allowance: You're restricted to 14kg (31lbs) of luggage per person on our tours. This should be one piece of luggage similar to an airline carry-on bag (approximately 55cm x 45cm x 25cm / 22in x 17in x 10in) plus a small bag for onboard personal items.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Check in closes 15 minutes prior to departure.
- Glengoyne Distillery – We reserve tickets for you. If you want to visit this attraction, please purchase your ticket whilst on tour.
- Deanston Distillery - We reserve tickets for you. If you want to visit this attraction, please purchase your ticket whilst on tour.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Rabbies Trail Burners
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Filter by:Accessibility Health & Safety Inclusion/Exclusion Itinerary details Meeting & Pickup Other Pricing/Options
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Discover Malt Whisky Small-Group Day Tour from Edinburgh.