- Head into the Scottish Highlands and travel through the fantastic landscapes of Cairngorms National Park
- See the famous Loch Ness, believed to be home to a mysterious sea creature
- Visit Glen Coe, a place known as much for a horrific massacre as its gorgeous scenery
- Explore the ancient Urquhart Castle overlooking Loch Ness
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Continuing north, wind through Cairngorms National Park, catching lovely views of peaks and waterfalls rushing through craggy ravines. Soon arrive at the mythical Loch Ness, where you have free time to explore the surrounding countryside, visit Urquhart Castle, or grab lunch (own expense). Or purchase an optional cruise on the loch for some tranquil sightseeing and a cheeky search for the famed water monster, Nessie.
Next, continue your coach tour to Glen Coe, a glen of breathtaking beauty that boasts high mountain peaks, ridges, bubbling rivers, and waterfalls. Hear about the historic MacDonald clan that resided here and suffered in the brutal massacre of 1692.
From here, begin your return trip to Edinburgh, passing Stirling Castle on the way. Snap some photos of the historic site—former residence of Scottish royals including Mary, Queen of Scots—and learn about its colorful history, riddled with warfare such as the Battle of Stirling Bridge, led by William Wallace.
Then relax for the return ride to Edinburgh, where your full-day trip ends back at the starting point in the evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children under 3 years not accepted
- English Only
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- On 26th December there will be no cruise or castle visit available.
- Please note in winter this tour will operate in reverse
- Check-in for the tour is 7.45am with departure at 8.00am sharp
- On 01st January there will be no cruise or castle visit available.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 32 travelers
- OPERATED BY Highland Experience Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.