Explore our promoted experiences
- Running tour in Edinburgh with a jog leader
- Jog up Calton Hill and enjoy panoramic views over the Scottish capital
- Run through the elegant streets of Edinburgh New Town and Old Town
- Stop to admire and learn about famous sights like Edinburgh Castle
- Pace set by group's ability along a moderate 4.3-mile (7-kilometer) route
- Small group run limited to 15 or fewer
- Souvenir running T-shirt, city map, and other extras included
Departure & Return
Outside the Parliament Building, Opposite the Queens Gallery (Holyrood Palace)
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Meet your guide, a qualified jog leader, and group of no more than 15, and after warming up, begin your run. Your route will be set according to the weather and your group’s abilities and interests, but usually covers around 4.3 miles (7 kilometers). The pace is set by the group, so whatever your fitness levels, you’ll be able to complete the course.
Take a gentle jog up Calton Hill, and pause to admire the panoramic city views as your guide points out the landmarks. Then, get into your stride as you navigate Edinburgh’s Old Town and New Town.
Glimpse famous attractions like Edinburgh Castle, and admire the elegant, 18th-century architecture of the New Town on route. Make regular stops for photos of the sights and to learn about their history from your guide.
Your run concludes at the Historic Scotland Education Centre where you receive a souvenir pack of a running T-shirt, city poster, and other extras before your guide departs.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 10 years, all under 18's to be accompanied by an adult
- A maximum of 15 people per booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Edinburgh Marathon Festival Running Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.