- Soak up the unspoiled scenery of the Great Glen and Rannoch Moor with your expert guide
- Admire spectacular views of the Caledonian Canal, Perthshire, Glen Coe, and the Forth Bridge
- Take an optional boat cruise on Loch Ness to catch a glimpse of the legendary monster Nessie
- Enjoy a locally produced sandwich picnic lunch in the quaint village of Fort Augustus
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Start the excursion aboard your coach in central Edinburgh and travel north along the ramparts of Stirling Castle. Pass the Trossachs, cross Rannoch Moor and stop at Glen Coe—site of a legendary 17th-century massacre—before continuing on through the Great Glen via Fort William.
Arriving at the Highland village of Fort Augustus, situated on the banks of Loch Ness, you can opt for a leisurely walk or simply relax by the Caledonian Canal with your provided picnic lunch. Enjoy your choice of locally made sandwiches and shortbread washed down with bottled mineral water.
If you’d like, spend your free time aboard boat cruise on the loch (own expense). Go in search of the Loch Ness Monster named Nessie, a mythical creature said to inhabit these waters. The custom-built boat is equipped with underwater imaging technology, providing a fascinating view of the underwater terrain.
Afterward, re-board the coach for the return drive, passing Loch Laggan and motoring over Drumochter Pass, which connects the northern and southern Scottish Highlands. Your guide points out Perthshire and the lush forested landscapes of Big Tree Country. View the cantilever Forth Bridge, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, before your day trip concludes in Edinburgh in the evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 23 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for travellers with mobility difficulties
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 41 travelers
- OPERATED BY Highland Explorer Tours Ltd
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Full-Day Trip to Loch Ness and the Scottish Highlands from Edinburgh.