- Ghost tour around Edinburgh in a vintage double-decker bus
- Discover the ghastly goings on from Edinburgh’s history
- Admire Edinburgh’s historic attractions, including Edinburgh Castle, the Royal Mile, and the Palace of Holyroodhouse
- Hear accounts of strange occurrences witnessed in haunted locations including Greyfriars Kirk and Grassmarket square
- Enjoy enthralling commentary from an entertaining guide
Departure & Return
Departing from Edinburgh Lawnmarket, outside Deacon Brodies Tavern.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
As you ride, allow your conductor’s chilling tales to transport you to the dark side. Hear about Edinburgh’s famous executions, murders, misdeeds, and most sinister characters. Rile at the stories of Burke and Hare, notorious gravediggers who made a killing off cadaver sales to medical schools in the 19th century, and the incensed witch hunts of the 16th and 17th centuries.
Pass the city’s most haunted sites and infamous landmarks like Royal Mile, Edinburgh Castle, the Palace of Holyroodhouse, and Greyfriars Kirk, plagued by the wandering souls of restless spirits. Visit Grassmarket and discover its bloody history as the execution site of many famous traitors and disrupters, including the unfortunate 'half-hangit' Maggie Dickson. Be sure to ask your guide about this story!
By the end, you have an intimate understanding of Edinburgh’s sinister side. Your tour leaves you in Edinburgh Old Town with time to warm your chilled soul at a local pub.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Please arrive 20 minutes before the scheduled departure time. The tour cannot wait for late passengers and they cannot be admitted once the show has started.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 54 travelers
- OPERATED BY The Ghost Bus Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Ghost Bus Tour of Edinburgh.