Explore our promoted experiences
- Choose a departure time that suits your schedule
- Enjoy views of Edinburgh in any weather on board a vintage bus
- Get a taste of British tradition with included afternoon tea service
- Unwind with unlimited tea or coffee and a complimentary soft drink
Departure & Return
Stand F, is located at the East End of Princes Street at the bottom of Carlton Hill.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- We do not offer live or recorded guide commentary on our buses. We are a dining Experience whilst touring Edinburgh or Glasgow.
- Red Bus Bistro Bookings are only valid for the date and time stated.
- Patrons should expect to share a table especially on our busier weekend tours. If patrons would rather not share a table we can try and accommodate them on a quieter tour.
- Patrons are requested to arrive 5 – 10 minutes before departure at Stance ZF, Waterloo Place, Edinburgh. Unfortunately we cannot wait for late comers as we only have a limited time on stand. Refunds will not be offered to latecomers.
- We offer gluten free or vegetarian options. Our Products may contain nuts. Please specify requirements upon reservation.
- No tickets are issued for the tour.
- Your Surname is passed to the Bus Manager prior to your tour, this will be requested upon arrival at the bus, you can print this email out purely for your own information.
- Please be prepared to redeem any Gift Voucher you may have used for payment to the bus on the day of the tour.
- If you have booked using an Itison voucher, we may ask to see your voucher on your phone.
- The tour is not suitable for 6 year Old’s and under
- Anyone under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult
- No refunds will be given less than the 4 weeks prior to the date of booking.
- For groups of 12 and above we require 50% of the total bill as down payment which is non-refundable, the balance is then due 3 weeks before the tour date.
- There may be occasions where the tour has to be cancelled without advance notice, in the event of a cancellation patrons will be refunded in full or transferred onto another tour date.
- If the tour is cancelled after the first half an hours commencement, we will then offer availability on another tour.
- Smoking is not permitted on the Bus at any time.
- Red Bus Bistro does not take any responsibility for the loss, damage or theft of personal belongings while on the Bus.
- Conditions of carriage are subject to legislation set out by the Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981; all details can be given by the Red Bus Bistro head office.
- We would like to point out that we operate Vintage Routemaster Buses, and although we keep our vehicles in the best possible maintenance condition there will be times that unforeseen maintenance issues may arise and result in a disruption to the tours, or cancellation; however we will endeavour to do everything in our power to avoid any disruption.
- Red Bus Bistro Company reserves the right to refuse carriage of patrons who are intoxicated, or displaying threatening or abusive behaviour, no refunds will be given under these circumstances. We also ask that a reasonable standard of behaviour is adhered to while on the tour, as there are other passengers to consider.
- Red Bus Bistro is not responsible for any damage caused by breaking the rules.
- RED BUS BISTRO COMPANY LIMITED ACCESS POLICIES
- It is not the policy of Red Bus Bistro Company Ltd to discriminate in any way against employees or passengers regarding disability, gender, race, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
- Red Bus Bistro’s Bus was registered in 1966; it consists of Drivers Cab, upper deck, lower deck, and will always have at least 4 staff on board. The bus seats 12 downstairs and 28 upstairs; unfortunately due to the age and design of the Bus we cannot accommodate wheelchair passengers. Red Bus Bistro can reserve seating in advance for the lower deck for those with mobility concerns. As per above, patrons should otherwise be prepared to share a table, where the patrons would rather be seated alone we can try and accommodate them on a quieter tour however not guaranteed,
- There is no toilet on board.
- The tour will last between 70-90 minutes dependant on conditions, in which time our patrons will be served with an Afternoon Tea or Gin Tour. For private hire all requests are considered.
- Red Bus Bistro Company Limited will go out of its way to cater for as diverse and audience as possible within the physical confines of the bus, and will follow the DDA Legislation guidelines at all times.
- All information gained from Patrons will never be given to any third parties; Red Bus Bistro Company Limited is responsible for all online transactions.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY Red Bus Bistro Company Limited
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "to do an afternoon tea on a sightseeing bus is a brilliant idea and totally worth it." See review