8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Experience an important landmark on the ancient Silk Road on a door-to-door private hiking tour of Yangguan, the oasis where Chinese travelers once said farewell to China. Hike around 3 miles (5 kilometers) to the Yangguan Pass then enjoy lunch in a local farmer’s restaurant. On your way back to Dunhuang, stop at Jade Gate Pass, and discover one of the earliest Great Walls, built over 2,000 years ago.
- Visit three well-preserved sections of the Han Dynasty Great Wall
- Tuck into a local lunch at a farmer’s restaurant—and visit their vineyard
- Enjoy a personalized, flexible experience with your private guide
- Take it easy with door-to-door round-trip private transfers
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup & drop-off
Transport by private vehicle
Environmental Management Charge (Reef Tax)
Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Silk Road Angel Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Silk Road Hiking Day Tour of Yangguan Pass Including Lunch?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Silk Road Hiking Day Tour of Yangguan Pass Including Lunch?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Silk Road Hiking Day Tour of Yangguan Pass Including Lunch?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Silk Road Hiking Day Tour of Yangguan Pass Including Lunch?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Silk Road Hiking Day Tour of Yangguan Pass Including Lunch
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursAudio GuidesArchitecture ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingTransfers & Ground TransportDunhuangBus Tours - Western ChinaAudio Guides - Western ChinaArchitecture Tours - Western ChinaFull-day Tours - Western ChinaBus Tours - YinchuanAudio Guides - YinchuanArchitecture Tours - YinchuanFull-day Tours - YinchuanBus Tours - ZhangyeAudio Guides - ZhangyeArchitecture Tours - ZhangyeFull-day Tours - ZhangyeCategory