- Sea kayak tour in Dubrovnik with a guide
- Paddle from a beach near the UNESCO-listed Old City of Dubrovnik to Lokrum, and admire the 900-year-old city walls
- Get to know Dubrovnik and its landmarks from a unique perspective
- Make a stop to enjoy snacks, soak up the sun, and snorkel at a secluded beach
- Choose a morning, afternoon, or evening start time
- Book the sunset tour to finish the experience with a glass of wine on the beach
- No kayaking experience necessary
Departure & Return
PLEASE: -DO NOT go to the beach -ARRIVE 20 minutes before your tour time -LOCATION: In front of the entrance to the Dubrovnik Tourist Information Center OUTSIDE the Old Town. -TALK ONLY WITH the Adventure Dubrovnik guide holding a GREEN umbrella -DO NOT approach the orange umbrella
What To Expect
As you travel along the Adriatic Sea, learn about the area's history and mysterious legends from your guide. Hear what daily life in Dubrovnik was like during the Croatian War of Independence.
After paddling around Lokrum, head back towards the Dubrovnik coastline and enjoy some time to either go swimming or snorkeling (equipment is provided) at a secluded beach cave. Snacks are also provided as you soak up the sun. Book the evening tour to enjoy this rest stop at sunset and a glass of wine upon return to the beach.
Conclude your trip with a final kayak ride across the channel back to Dubrovnik.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wear a swimsuit, flipflops or waters shoes (rocky beaches), and bring a towel, sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
- An outdoor shower is available on site
- Minimum age is 12 years old
- Travelers under 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
- Minimum age is 18 years old to consume alcoholic drinks
- Subject to favorable weather and/or sea conditions. Tour time and/or route may vary, if canceled due to poor weather and/or sea conditions, you will be given the option of an alternative tour date or full refund
- 2-seater kayaks are provided by default. Individual travelers without partners are paired up with other individuals. If a pairing cannot be made, the individual without a partner will be assigned to a single kayak.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Regular (2-2.5-hour) tour route is ~4.5km. Extended (2.5-3-hour) tour route is ~7.5km.
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your posted tour time. Late arrivals will not be refunded.
- Please DO NOT go to the beach! Even if you are late!
- Please DO NOT approach the orange umbrella! That is NOT our company.
- We've temporarily suspended the use of snorkel mouthpieces for anyone not vaccinated or who cannot produce a negative PCR test from 72-hours prior to their tour. Guests are welcome to bring their own equipment. Masks are provided to everyone.
- SNACK 2-2.5 hour tour: We serve a fresh fruit snack (usually an apple and 2 bananas)
- SNACK for extended 2.5-3 hour tour: For those with the stamina for the longer tour we offer a sandwich option. The default is ham and cheese. A cheese sandwich (vegetarian) is also available upon prior request. For people with extreme food allergies, we offer fresh fruit (usually an apple and two bananas). We otherwise do not accept special requests. All food choices must be submitted at least 2 hours before the scheduled tour departure.
- The extended (2.5-3 hour) version of the tour is recommended only for guests who are -very- fit.
- Basic ability to swim is required
- Weight restrictions apply. Total weight allowance for occupants of a 2-person kayak is 270kg/595lbs.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Adventure Dubrovnik
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "They provide waterproof barrels that are on your kayak with you, so just wear your swimsuit and you will be good to go!" See review
- "A sunscreen is a must since between the sun, sun reflection off water and the salt water can burn quicker than lying on the beach." See review
- "Bring some flip flops or similar with you as the stop off in the cave is on a very stony beach.Great day out👍" See review