Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Visit Lough Tay and pass the bogland and heather fields of Sally gap
- See Glencree Valley and visit a World War II-era cemetery
- Explore the ruins and lakes of Glendalough, a 6th-century monastic settlement
- Break for late lunch-early dinner in the traditional Irish Village Avoca
Departure & Return
Check-in at the Dublin Visitor Centre, 16 Upper O’Connell Street, Dublin 1.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
The Wicklow Mountains tour from Dublin meanders through Wicklow, stopping at Glencree Valley, with its poignant German military prisoner cemetery and peace and reconciliation center. The trail continues past the gorgeous heather and bogland landscape of the Sally Gap, some of the most filmed landscapes in Ireland, to the ‘P.S. I Love You' bridge, where we stop for a quick photo stop. Next up is another movie fan photo stop at picturesque wee Lough Tay, a famous landmark from the epic movie 'Braveheart.'
This picturesque lake is also known as the Guinness Lake because of its dark waters and white beach. Recently Lough Tay has served as Ragnar Lothbrok’s village in the wildly successful television program 'Vikings.' Keen viewers also recognize Glendalough and the Sally Gap from their many appearances in the show.
Next on the agenda is Glendalough, famous for St. Kevin’s monastery and its 10th-century round tower, upper and lower lakes, and spellbinding scenery. The Glendalough Visitor Centre has a wealth of information on the Irish missionary monks that once lived here and gives a wonderful insight into their unique art of creating handcrafted religious manuscripts.
On the way back, the bus stops in Avoca village where customers can get lunch at a local pub (own expense).
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Dualway Coaches Ltd
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Glendalough and Wicklow Mountains Day Tour from Dublin.