- Half-day stick-shift dune buggy adventure from Punta Cana
- Drive the buggy on paved roads, beaches and across farmland and plantations
- Enjoy an authentic Dominican coffee
- Hotel pickup and drop off, snacks and drinks included
Departure & Return
Most people find us with google. But take our Phone number in case you get lost. Our Xtreme Buggy shop is at the very end of a residential area. Little houses that look alike.
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
These speedy vehicles, complete with stick-shift transmission and VW engines, have unmatched agility. Choose from a four-person buggy with other travelers or steering solo as you make your way through the stunning and diverse landscapes of Dominican Republic.
Pass colorful Caribbean houses en route to sample real Dominican coffee. Then follow along the natural paths lined with palm trees and banana plantations towards an authentic limestone mine. You’ll return using a paved road through La Caiba and Macao, where you’ll visit a local colmado (grocery store) and interact with residents while you sip on cold drinks and enjoy savory snacks.
This trip includes an epic stretch of white sand near Macao Beach, complete with stunning ocean views. There’s even time to take a dip before returning to Punta Cana.
Please note: Dune buggies have manual transmissions and operate with a 4-speed stick shift. No training is available and drivers must know how to drive a manual transmission.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- All children must be able to sit in a seat by themselves and must be accompanied by an adult
- Dune buggies have manual transmissions and operate with a 4-speed stick shift. It is imperative that the driver is proficient at driving a stick shift manual transmission.
- For those that are used to right side drive vehicles, please note that these are left side drive vehicles and that the stick shift is on the right side of the driver.
- All drivers must present a valid driver's license and be at least 18 years old to drive
- Drivers must wear closed toe shoes
- Maximum group size is 12 people
- Maximum weight per buggy is 800 pounds Our Buggy’s have bucket seats and can not be moved. Our half day tour is a full 4 hour excursion and the Full day 8h. If you have wide hips it might be uncomfortable. The original sand rail dune buggy's are a v shape in the front (it tapers in) thus being a standard transmission there is not much room to shift if the guests legs are too wide.
- No alcohol is permitted prior or during the tour
- Approximate driving distance is 55 miles (90 km)
- The route of the tour can be altered by the guide due to certain circumstances
- Please bring with you a swimsuit, towel and sunscreen. Each buggy has a small compartment which can fit a backpack
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Xtreme Buggy
Learn more about cancellations.
- "It's not for occasional drivers, it's for real driver enthusiasts." See review