7 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Experience the dazzling heights and dramatic vistas of the Rocky Mountains on this private day tour to Mt Evans, one of Colorado’s tallest and most famous peaks. Departing from Denver, travel along scenic Interstate 70 through a landscape of winding mountain roads and historic silver mining towns, keeping a sharp eye out for wildlife like bison and bighorn sheep. Soak up the spectacular views from the top of the famous ‘14-er,’ (during summer when weather permits) and stop to explore Colorado’s well-preserved silver boomtowns Idaho Springs and Georgetown. Enjoy the personalized attention on a private guide on this family-friendly road trip.
- Private, full-day tour to Mt Evans from Denver
- Take in spectacular views from the top of one of Colorado's most iconic '14-ers'
- Learn about Colorado's silver mining legacy with stops in historic boomtowns
- Keep a camera handy for sightings of wildlife like bighorn sheep, elk and bison
- Great choice for families and groups, with van options to accommodate up to 5 or up to 11 people
- Private guide for a personalized experience
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all hotels in the Denver and Boulder area.
- Denver Intl Airport, 8500 Pena Blvd, Denver, CO 80249
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Tour does not go to the summit of Mt. Evans after Labor Day and before Memorial Day. Please call to confirm if Mt. Evans is open before booking.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- COVID-19 Prepared: Reduced number of guests. Masks Provided. Routine Sanitizing. Call for more details.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Aspire Tours LLC
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I wear on the Private Scenic Mount Evans Tour from Denver?
A:Dress in layers, as it gets cold in the mountains, however, after a hike you might want to shed layers. Light hiking shoes or sneakers with good tread, windbreakers, rain jackets, and hats are recommended.
What should I bring with me on the Private Scenic Mount Evans Tour from Denver?
A:Bring a reusable water bottle for each person. We have refills in the car. Also bring your required medications, sunscreen/lip balm, your camera, and any additional snacks you may want.
How strenuous is the Private Scenic Mount Evans Tour from Denver?
A:We consider this an "active sightseeing tour" with light walking/hiking so that most guests can have a great time. We like to accommodate everyone by giving people the opportunity to walk around or sit down on a bench and enjoy nature.
What is the highest elevation we will hike to on the Private Scenic Mount Evans Tour from Denver?
A:We go up to 14,000 feet on our Scenic Mount Evans Tour in the summer.
What type of transportation is used for the Private Scenic Mount Evans Tour from Denver?
A:All our tours are run in 14 passenger upscale vehicles.
What if there is bad weather on the date of my Private Scenic Mount Evans Tour from Denver?
A:We only cancel in cases of extremely bad weather or unsafe conditions. This happens very rarely. When it does, we will notify you to reschedule or receive a refund.
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Scenic Rocky Mountain Experience
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursNature and WildlifeFull-day ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingDenverBus Tours - ColoradoNature and Wildlife - ColoradoFull-day Tours - ColoradoBus Tours - Fort CollinsNature and Wildlife - Fort CollinsFull-day Tours - Fort CollinsBus Tours - BreckenridgeNature and Wildlife - BreckenridgeFull-day Tours - BreckenridgeCategory
Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre Tours & TicketsGrand Lake Colorado Tours & TicketsLookout Mountain Tours & TicketsDenver Museum of Nature & Science Tours & TicketsWinter Park Tours & TicketsLarimer Square Tours & TicketsDenver Mint Tours & TicketsDenver Botanic Gardens Tours & TicketsDenver City Park Tours & TicketsGeorgetown Loop Railroad Tours & TicketsGarden of the Gods Tours & TicketsPikes Peak Highway Tours & TicketsColorado State Capitol Building Tours & TicketsBuffalo Bill Museum and Grave Tours & TicketsPikes Peak Tours & TicketsDenver Firefighters Museum Tours & TicketsDenver 16th Street Mall Tours & TicketsHard Rock Cafe Denver Tours & TicketsDenver Civic Center Park Tours & TicketsDenver Center for the Performing Arts Tours & Tickets