- Half-day tour of Cusco’s archeological sites
- Visit Sacsayhuaman and be awed by its still-standing ruins and amazing view over Cusco
- See the sites of Qenqo, Puca Pucara, and Tambomachay
- Admire the Temple of the Sun, an important Inca religious site dedicated to their sun god
- Tour the Cathedral of Santo Domingo on Cusco’s Plaza de Armas
- Learn about the history of all the sites from your guide
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Return to your coach and continue on to Qenqo, home to an enormous sacrificial altar and sacred temple. See, too, Puca Pucara to discover the atmospheric military ruins of the site then set out to explore Tambomachay, where a series of aqueducts, moats and stolid stonewalls provided impenetrable defense from Incan attackers. Gaze upwards at the impressive Temple of the Sun, an ancient pyramid upon which resides the Convent of Santo Domingo.
Head back to the center of the city to continue your cultural exploration; stroll around the ambient and attractive Plaza de Armas before entering the sacred and spectacular Cusco Cathedral. Admire prismatic stained glass windows, classic colonial art and the Gothic grandeur of the architecture; the cathedral is home to Cusco’s oldest surviving painting, Pintura Senor de los Temblores, among other significant works.
Return to your Cusco hotel in the coach when the tour concludes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Note: You are not allowed to enter religious sites wearing shorts, and taking photos is forbidden in the cathedral
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY VIPAC Travel
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands