Explore our promoted experiences
- Get inside tips from a local
- Small group ensures personal service
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Multi-Day Trip
Departure & Return
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Suggested Packing List: Bring or Rent in Cusco: sleeping bag, hiking poles, rain pants, rain poncho, trekking boots, sandals, warm socks, sweater, thermals, hat, gloves, sun hat, sun block, sun glasses, flashlight/torch, camera, extra batteries and memory card, charger (limited to no electricity available during trek), waterproof bags for your camera, hand sanitizer, personal first aid kit, water bottle, water purification tablets or filter. Bring extra cash for snacks, water, gatorade which doubles or triples in price along the trail. Bathing suit for hot springs in Santa Teresa (this activity is available at an additional price).
- Don't forget the essentials: Original passport, visa (if applicable), insurance card, personal medications.
- Typical Meals on the Trek: On all of our Treks to Machu Picchu we search for great cooks who provide you with the best tasting meals on the mountain, with specialty menus and the freshest local ingredients available. Here is an idea of what you will be eating during your trek. *Vegetarian Option Available Upon Request (please advise at least 2 days in advance). BREAKFASTS: Hot porridge, quinoa or oats, fried eggs, omelet or pancakes with fresh bread, fried bananas and boiled water for hot tea, coca tea, coffee, chocolate and milk. LUNCH & DINNER: First Course: Quinoa, corn, noodle, asparagus, mushroom or vegetable soup, stuffed avocado or potatoes. Second Course: Chicken breast, beef stew, quinoa, fried rice, hamburgers, fried chicken, spaghetti bolognese, typical dishes: aji de gallina (chilli pepper chicken), escabeche de pollo (marinated chicken) or ajiaco de olluco (spicy potato stew). Desserts: Fried plantains, chocolate pudding, chocolate or vanilla cake and boiled water for hot tea, coca tea, coffee, chocolate and milk. SNACKS: Boiled water for hot tea, coca tea, coffee, chocolate and milk with popcorn, cookies, crackers.
- PRE-DEPARTURE BRIEFING: There is a mandatory pre-departure briefing at our Cuzco Headquarters one day prior to departure at 5pm, 6pm or 7pm depending on your trek. You will receive detailed information on your excursion, a list of what to bring and confirm your departure details. PRE-DEPARTURE CHECK-IN: Please make sure to check-in with your passport before your pre-departure briefing. We encourage our travellers to check-in at our offices a couple of hours before or any day prior to the briefing , that way we can give everybody personal attention and information regarding booking extras, rental equipment or questions in general. Time schedule for meetings will be: - Inca Trail and Lares 6pm - Salkantay, Inca Quarry, Machu Picchu Jungle, Ausangate, Choquequirao 7pm - Inca Trail Express, Rainbow Mountain, Machu Picchu by Train, Sacred Valley to Machu Picchu, Machu Picchu Full Day 5pm Bamba Experience is located at: Calle Matara 242, Second Floor. Cuzco, Peru Hours of Operation: 10:00-14:00 and 16:00-20:00 hrs Daily
- Physical Requirements: This hike is demanding, it’s important to be in very good physical condition. The elevation changes, the length of the trek, and the various high passes make the hike strenuous.
- Important: You must provide the following information upon booking: Full name (exactly as it appears on the passport), Date of Birth, Nationality, Passport Number, Date of Passport Expiry - Must be valid for at least 6 months past the date of travel. Without this information, the local tour operator will be unable to make the booking. Please be aware that your complete and correct passport information must be provided. Absolutely no modifications can be made once your booking has been confirmed. Any changes or discrepancies in the information provided will result in a complete loss of permits and entrance tickets, for which you will be held responsible and will need to pay for again
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Note: You will have a guide during the trek and on the Machu Picchu tour. However, during your bus and train transfers you will not be accompanied by a guide.
- SUGGESTED PACKING LIST: Bring or Rent in Cuzco: sleeping bag, hiking poles, rain pants, rain poncho, trekking boots, sandals, warm socks, sweater, thermals, hat, gloves, sun hat, sun block, sun glasses, flashlight/torch, camera, extra batteries and memory card, charger (limited to no electricity available during trek), waterproof bags for your camera, hand sanitizer, personal first aid kit, water bottle, water purification tablets or filter. Bring extra cash for snacks, water, gatorade which doubles or triples in price along the trail. Bathing suit for hot springs in Santa Teresa town (available at an additional price).
- DON'T FORGET THE ESSENTIALS: Original passport, visa (if applicable), insurance card, personal medications.
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- As of June 11, 2022, all travelers over 18 years old must have three doses of the COVID-19 vaccine. That means two regular doses plus a booster. Passengers from 12 to 17 years old must prove they are vaccinated with two doses. If they do not have a complete scheme, they must present the negative result of an RT-PCR test taken no more than 48 hours before boarding in their country of origin.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Bamba Travel
Learn more about cancellations.